Silicon Valley Riding

Hey, TT. I have two young boys on CRF50s. I normally ride at Metcalf Road or Hollister, both of which are within an hour from me in Silicon Valley. Unfortunately, these riding parks are generally so crowded, that even the mini tracks, which are allocated to young children/beginners, are overrun. My boys are intimidated by the fast riders and loud pipes. We need a place that's wide open, safe, and not jam-packed with riders for them to learn the basics--balance, braking, etc. Does anyone have any recommendations for BLM or national forest within a couple hours where I could take them to build confidence. We really just need an open area or dirt roads for now. Thanks for the help!

Prairie City is a good spot for young ones.  They have a track just for the youngsters.  I can't recall the CC cutoff but it is always a pretty chill low stress track for small kids.  Right next to it is slightly larger CC track that is just a bit faster but also pretty chill.

21 hours ago, cobra46 said:

Prairie City is a good spot for young ones.  They have a track just for the youngsters.  I can't recall the CC cutoff but it is always a pretty chill low stress track for small kids.  Right next to it is slightly larger CC track that is just a bit faster but also pretty chill.

Thank you, Cobra46. I'll check it out! I appreciate the help.

On 12/24/2017 at 2:53 PM, 1.21GW said:

From what I understand it sounds like San Luis Res. off 152 is your spot. I've not been but is supposed to be a great beginner spot, flat and rarely anyone there.

Very small area, almost completely flat but great for beginner kids learning some basic skills.  It may even be totally fenced off so they can't wander off too far.

Corner of Gonzago and Jasper Sears Rd off 152, west of Los Banos.

Edited by hockdog
Badd sppelin