Hi guys. New to this forum. I own a 98 XR600R. I have a aftermarket exhaust on and it keeps on popping and dying at closing the throttle and slowing down. Were do I find the link to Dave's mods?

Thanks

Yes I have heard of google, thanks for the answer but I found that link on google but if you read correcly you will see I asked for a 600 carb. That is a 650 carb and not the same as mine. 

A very shitty answer for the first question I ask here! 

• Like 2

Dave's mod is for the stock CV carb on the 650L , it's of no use to you. Did you just put the pipe on that's causing this ?

• Like 3

Dave's mods are specific to the 650L not the 600r.

• Like 2

A little harsh, doubt he'll be back, limited info

Not sure if he was confused, but when I bought my 600 a guy pointed me to daves mod, as it had carb issues. ended up what was wrong was half the butterfly came off the stock carb n was sittin on top of the piston. Just a thought

Edited by Watch4Deer
  • Like 2

Thank you very much guys, At least I feel a little bit more welcome here. I have tried all of above and can't win. I can see that I will have to replace the carb with a Mikuni or something. Just wish I could borrow a carb of a running 600 that I can make sure before spending the money.

If you're going to spend money... Get an FCRMX...best thing to do to this bike from stock to race motor, best thing to do.
The CV carb is like that accordion thing you use to blow on fires to get the fire started bigger.
Then do suspension. Then do motor.
You're GONNA spend money!

4 hours ago, notoriousE-R-I-C said:

If you're going to spend money... Get an FCRMX...best thing to do to this bike from stock to race motor, best thing to do.
The CV carb is like that accordion thing you use to blow on fires to get the fire started bigger.
Then do suspension. Then do motor.
You're GONNA spend money!

:facepalm:   The 600R never had a CV carb.    :smirk:

• Like 1

Go to Daves Mod in the 250-400 xr section and Scott Summers set up should be in the stickily in this forum for jets and choke plate mod . Hope this help 

Hi guys. New to this forum. I own a 98 XR600R. I have a aftermarket exhaust on and it keeps on popping and dying at closing the throttle and slowing down. Were do I find the link to Dave's mods?
Thanks

Are you absolutely sure the pilot jet is clean and clear?
  • Like 1