GlennRay

DR-350SE Lightening

5 posts in this topic

I would like to reduce the weight of my DR-350SE and the only ways that come to mind are 1) Replace the battery with a Lithium Ion battery.  2) Replace the stock exhaust system with an aftermarket system.  3) Replace the stock gas tank with a plastic tank.  I don't think that any one of these changes will result in a significant loss of weight, but they are the only places I can see to reduce the weight of the bike.  Any thoughts on this subject will be appreciated!

You could take off the passenger pegs, if you haven't already.  With their brackets, they're fairly heavy.

the steel brake light and turn signal assembly could be replaced with something much lighter. could also replace the front and rear fenders with lighter/more modern assemblies. a bunch of steel parts can be replace with aluminum (see the above linked thread). titanium footrests would be lower and give more foot room. replace steel bolts with aluminium or titanium bolts. tonnes of stuff you can do, depends on desired cost/benefit ratio