Enough Swiss cheese on my Air Box??

I don't do anything to my TX300, I did on my TE300 2014 and it was very noticeable but I did go back to stock........I like the soft easy to ride feel of the OEM set up....it may not Dyno as well but for my skill level and demand OEM is best. just for discussion. Shes got that trail ride/race easy to control Husky feel.

I cut out the entire right side on my FX450, like what's depicted in the MXA picture (minus holes in the subframe). It made a substantial difference in throttle response, and the bike revs more freely. I believe you will get the most out of opening the airbox if you also get rid of the factory slip on and have the bike remapped to adjust for the increased airflow. 

I don't think the OP's mod is overkill. OP, if you think you went too far, buy a new cover and replace it. Its cheap. The facts are that the Husky airboxes are choked up, which is a big part of why the engine has a mellow power characteristic. The other piece of the mellow husky power characteristic is the factory exhaust with the two perforated cones welded in it. The KTM airbox is much less choked up and the exhaust is more free-flowing, which is why it feels more aggressive, even though the engines between the two bikes are identical. 

I did the same mod on my TX300, but with six 3/4" holes on the right side. Again, the bike was a little more snappy off the bottom and revved a little more freely. 

Edited by CSAR FE
  • Like 1