• Announcements

bonesmech

1991 rm125 pipe

12 posts in this topic

I am in the middle of rebuilding a 91 rm125. I have scoured the internet for a new or good used pipe for this bike. My biggest problem is being from canada is the exchange rate and customs. Pro circuit has one in stock but is a pain to by direct from (especially to ship over the border). FmF and bills no stock. Ebay there is a few but trying not break the bank.

Does anyone on this forum have a source to give a brother a hand finding a pipe for this bike? I believe 89 to 91 is the vintage.

Thanks in advance

Tony

I am just finishing rebuilding a 1990 rm 125,i used cmsnl they are in holland.free postage to the uk,over a £200.

I am in the middle of rebuilding a 91 rm125. I have scoured the internet for a new or good used pipe for this bike. My biggest problem is being from canada is the exchange rate and customs. Pro circuit has one in stock but is a pain to by direct from (especially to ship over the border). FmF and bills no stock. Ebay there is a few but trying not break the bank.
Does anyone on this forum have a source to give a brother a hand finding a pipe for this bike? I believe 89 to 91 is the vintage.

Thanks in advance

Tony

Look up Action Sport Cycles in Alliance Ohio. If anyone has something it's them.

Thanks guys. I will look them up. I have the bike back together and trying to troubleshoot a bad bog and hesitation problem and high rpm stumble. Tested the cdi and need a new one. Which ok. I ordered a procicuit pipe and silencer. Rebuilt the old mikuni tm35 and set to stock settings(might need to order a new one, it is a little wore). Compression is good after the new piston kit. Soon ready to rock. Also on the hunt for a graffics kit to cover the fadded plastic.

Funny thing is,I have got a slight hesitation on 1/4 throttle on mine.if you flick the clutch at this point it clears.ive just replaced the coil,and my stator is being checked now.keep us up dated.

Quick update. Recieved new stator and cdi. Replaced both. Cdi tested bad. Stator tested ok but looked like water was sitting in there at one time. Coil tested ok.

20180213_165220.jpg20180213_165212.jpg

1 person likes this

Welp. Regulatorrectifier.com failed me. The stator and cdi they sent me do not work. Waiting for a response from them

That's good news. I've just had my stator reconditioned,it was reading slightly below what it should. I just this minute finished putting boyesen reeds in. All ready for tomorrow to sort the jetting out.

20171124_155342.jpg

Thats pretty sweet resto. I am just finished all the mechanical and electrical. Gonna move to cosmetics next.