Jeremy Martin interview

8 hours ago, SilentAssassin II said:

Both Martin brothers are good dudes and I hope they do well.  Will be cool to see how jmart does on the 450.  I remember he rode it at Daytona last year and did pretty well, lead for a good while

I agree - they always come across so humble and really just seem to enjoy racing.  I just want them to stay healthy during Stupidcross season so we can enjoy watching them outdoors.

• Like 3

It's going to be hard to make that CRF pull when it's basically a slow road race engine ,it has no bottom end torque and yet still doesn't have that much top end hp , it's the worst of both worlds

And it's against probably the most dominant engine in the class ever made ...not to start a brand war just stating facts ,the old engine at least had good bottom and mid and could be rode in that manner ,the tuned ones still had similar traits

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, mog said:

It's going to be hard to make that CRF pull when it's basically a slow road race engine ,it has no bottom end torque and yet still doesn't have that much top end hp , it's the worst of both worlds

And it's against probably the most dominant engine in the class ever made ...not to start a brand war just stating facts ,the old engine at least had good bottom and mid and could be rode in that manner ,the tuned ones still had similar traits

JMart is gonna kick KTM ass and chew bubblegum, and he's all out of bubblegum.  

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Mongo134 said:

I don't like this. He's riding a death trap before the Nationals start. Your gonna get your out. 

we all know that the "death trap" was due to the uni-cam design Honda chose to employ. now that Honda is using the "duly-cam" things are going to be just fine...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mog said:

But that's stock.

JMart won't be rockin a stocker.

• Like 1

JMart's riding style reminds me a little bit like RC's. As we all saw though, he killed it at Daytona, so I think he should do well at SX. Hard to say for MX, those tracks are nasty and being short doesn't help too much for man-handling a bike. I'd bet he will rip a lot of starts though!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Scott Meshey 141 said:

JMart's riding style reminds me a little bit like RC's. As we all saw though, he killed it at Daytona, so I think he should do well at SX. Hard to say for MX, those tracks are nasty and being short doesn't help too much for man-handling a bike. I'd bet he will rip a lot of starts though!

Being short didn't seem to bother RC too much.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Mongo134 said:

I don't like this. He's riding a death trap before the Nationals start. Your gonna get your out. 

I think I said as long as he starts Round 1 Moto 1, bet is on, regardless if he's hurt or not.

But we can renegotiate the bet if he doesn't race.  Rider vs rider of course, I'm not giving you the field against anyone else.

Remember, I still want a tugger from you.

Edited by redrider144

4 hours ago, mog said:

STD honda is like 2-4 hp down on STD ktm , tuned ktm is 6 hp up on STD ktm

So j Mart's bike has to gain around 10hp in the midrange and 8hp on top end ,it's not going to happen

If RHC says it can't be done, I'd believe him.  But you can't say that for certain without having someone like him flow the head and start reshaping the ports...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, redrider144 said:

If RHC says it can't be done, I'd believe him.  But you can't say that for certain without having someone like him flow the head and start reshaping the ports...

Doesn't matter, outdoors there won't be a single KTM finishing ahead of him in points.  It would be far more humane to just hand him over the title right now to save them from the embarrassment of having a 10 hp advantage and not being able to do anything with it.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, mog said:

STD honda is like 2-4 hp down on STD ktm , tuned ktm is 6 hp up on STD ktm

So j Mart's bike has to gain around 10hp in the midrange and 8hp on top end ,it's not going to happen

Since when does one need all that HP in SX? Last time I've checked, the 250 top guys can run similar times to the top 450 guys..... Posting those numbers is absolutely pointless when we're talking factory/satelite teams with $$$$, you should know that.