I dropped my bike accidentally (250 Rally)

Hello, I'm Aitor from Canary Island.

I recently bought a 250 rally in dealer Honda.

After 1 week riding only on dirt roads slowly I notice maybe bikes is not for me. Not sure if I'm regret buying a bike.

I'm 26 years old and I never ride a bike before, even I haven't license for ride that's because I use on dirt road.

When I ride I do with scary because I think the wheel will slide over the dirt or something, I don't feel safe in it.

In a curve on dirty road I don't know how turn around safely, because I think it will slide, so I go very slowly and after I accelerate very good.

I dropped the bike, yes, the bike weight so much for me...I tried turn around when bike is stop, so I turn around, and I couldn't avoid the fall of bike,WHY? I felt an &%$#@! for that..

Before ride a bike, I had a LTZ 400 (quad), and I never had this problems... I runned very fast doing vraapapapapaoaoa with no scary.

I can't do that with the bike, I'm very noob..

Please a recommendation how to ride a bike?...

You want slide, slide good, learn slide all time slide. Drop bike good, learn slide, drop bike, more ride. Quad bad, very gay is.

• Like 9

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCJAvmhgP0h1AEKY8vTEJPJg

Study and practice.
Is there a motorcycle safety course available where your at ?
I learned a lot about street riding from the safety course, I was always an off-road guy

yes, I have to practice to obtain the drive license for bikes, mandatory if I want ride on asphalt of course...

I just want rife safety with no scary. And if I fall is okay, but with no scary, I hate when I ride scary all the time.. WTF

4 hours ago, physx1024 said:

I think the wheel will slide over the dirt or something, I don't feel safe in it.

That's normal and will take some getting used to. You need to learn to relax your body and trust the bike.

• Like 1

My opinion is to ride asphalt wherever you can without causing a problem with the police just to get a good feel for the new CRF. The solid ground experience will also pay off when you try to get your license. Then, when the confidence is up, do some off-roading. It is best to learn on solid ground before attempting off-roading to avoid getting hurt.

yes, I have to practice to obtain the drive license for bikes, mandatory if I want ride on asphalt of course...

I just want rife safety with no scary. And if I fall is okay, but with no scary, I hate when I ride scary all the time.. WTF

I always scary ride, get used to it, scary is good, adrenaline scary. When no scary is boring go faster.
  • Like 3

Since I learned how to ride - Lo these many years ago - I have learned that the throttle will get you out of more trouble than the brakes will riding dirt bikes. Just a painful learning curve as to when, how much, and which direction to point the front wheel !

• Like 1

Sounds like you need a cheap battered 100kg dirt only bike to practice on, not a tall 150kg new rally. There are far quicker and far better machines for just off roading.... Hope you haven't damaged it to much? Pictures?

• Like 1

Sounds like you need a cheap battered 100kg dirt only bike to practice on, not a tall 150kg new rally. There are far quicker and far better machines for just off roading.... Hope you haven't damaged it to much? Pictures?
Some pictures, not so much, but I don't like how looks20180111_185153.jpg20180111_185210.jpg

it's an offroad bike...those aren't scratches, they're badges of honor

• Like 3

When I first started riding off road I found standing up to be more comfortable. I couldn't feel the back tire sliding around, so it removed that fear. It also gets you used to standing up, which is a preferred way to ride off road.

• Like 2

How tall are you and how much do you weight? I get the feeling your a shorter light guy on a big, tall, heavy bike.

How tall are you and how much do you weight? I get the feeling your a shorter light guy on a big, tall, heavy bike.
I weight 75 KG and I tall 1,84m, I'm not muscle guy xD
  • Like 1

On 1/10/2018 at 7:51 PM, ferdiepick said:

This, the Rally is a decent 1st or 2nd onroad bike provided it isn't too tall for you(at 6' it should be fine), but a lousy 1st dirt bike.  Most start with an old, cheap, and relatively small 4 stroke.  Not sure what you have around there, but 90s-2000s 125-250cc bikes are really forgiving, and the smaller size/less weight and usually lower seat height helps build confidence and teach the basics.  One of the main differences with onroad vs offroad riding is sliding, even with quads.  You need to be able to control sliding, and in many ways it can be used to your advantage to turn quicker.  Some places you will need to keep the rear tire spinning and digging, that is how to keep control, allowing it to slow and stop spinning going uphill on soft ground will cause you to loose control, get stuck in a precarious spot, and probably drop the bike.  Once you gain confidence and skill with something small, cheap, and ugly, then you can make use of something like the rally.  It really is a good bike, provided you understand it walks the line between onroad and offroad, and some things like weight, power, bulk, and bodywork that help onroad can hurt it's off-road performance.  Some things like knobby tires, skinny tall wheels, mild brakes and a small/light engine that are OK offroad reduce it's performance onroad.  You need a solid foundation of offroad riding techniques before you can deal with a bike that is a whole lot heavier, and prettier than what you should be learning on, park the Rally, buy a used starter bike.

Edited by alucard0822

11 hours ago, alucard0822 said:

This, the Rally is a decent 1st or 2nd onroad bike ... but a lousy 1st dirt bike. 

park the Rally, buy a used starter bike.

^