Hunter743

Crf80f rattle

12 posts in this topic

My brothers crf 80f runs pretty good it just runs a little lean but there is a rattle type sound when fever high not that high my smallest brothers 50 revs that high but the 80 has a rattle sound idk what it is and I’m wondering if it’s piston slap

Its not piston slap. Pistons in CRF80s don't slap.
Type a sentence we can read and you'll get serious answers. 

Its not piston slap. Pistons in CRF80s don't slap.
Type a sentence we can read and you'll get serious answers. 

Oh wow sorry I’m using the app and I’m not the best typer. What I was trying to say is when you rev it high ish it rattles, but it’s not like rev limiter high. I also mentioned it ran lean because I didn’t know if that could be a factor

If it is running seriously lean and you’re aware of it, fix that issue. That could cause detonation but not a rattle as you mention. There needs to be more detail as to what the noise is, and what your question actually is.

If it is running seriously lean and you’re aware of it, fix that issue. That could cause detonation but not a rattle as you mention. There needs to be more detail as to what the noise is, and what your question actually is.

We jetted it and now it’s running richer but the nous is still there and the noise is a very fast rattle

Hunter, don't mind Arthur, he comes across as an arrogant ass without positive input rather often. 

+1 to Robs' response, have you checked the valve adjustment? 

You never did specify where the noise is coming from. Is it coming from the top end or bottom?

If you're not sure, get a wooden broom handle, or plastic handled pry bar or big screwdriver or something of the sort, hold it up against the area and put your ear up to it

I really wish people would follow up when they post stuff. Several users, myself included, replied with some follow up questions trying to help and never got a response. Waste of time. I hope admins come through and delete posts like this.

4 hours ago, Rob Reffner said:

I really wish people would follow up when they post stuff. Several users, myself included, replied with some follow up questions trying to help and never got a response. Waste of time. I hope admins come through and delete posts like this.

I hear ya Rob, I feel the same way. Makes ya wanna not bother trying to help. Hell, if we helped, if we didn't help, if you figured out the problem on your own, let those trying to help know something. 

That's almost as bad as starting a new thread, hundreds of people reading it, but never getting a response. I hate that one

1 person likes this

Hey yeah honestly I just have been busy with a lot of stuff and at the beginning of the post only like 2 people responded i wasn’t expecting any one else to