Sachs Shock Goldvalve

Im looking for a goldvalve kitt
To my sachs shock 350 2014
Does it fit from husqvarna sachs shock?
Or do anywan have the racetech part nr to beta?

Thx

I have heard RaceTech is getting better with our Sachs stuff, but kinda curious why you have better faith in their gold valve / shim kit than sending it to a specialty tuner?
RaceTech has earned a lot of my $$$.$$ over the years but only for street bikes in parts. And I only bought from them after 100’s on riders input on the kits I bought, IMHO the gold valve is not magic and most dirt bike suspension tuners can normally do a better job and cheaper in the long run.......
My Sachs shock n forks were done by a well respected tuner cheaper than I could buy generic parts from RaceTech......
  • Like 3

So Goatse, where in AB are you located? Earlier offer still stands!

I'm in the Edmonton area, but I wasn't referring to myself though. There's a tuner about 2 hours away that has done a whole bunch of Sachs with happy customers on the Betas. It almost seems like every Beta you see around here has a Pro Action sticker on the forks. But I'm a tinkerer, and I hate paying somebody to do a job I should be capable of. So I'll be playing with my own forks before sending them to a shop. 2 get the forks and shock done would be $1100 plus wear items. Eff that noise. I'd rather tackle my own, spend a fraction of that, and learn something new in the process. My fork tools should be here any day now, so I'll be making some progress in the next bit. Thank you for the offer though. It is very kind of you.

But my post was more because I've seen many people post about getting revalves done on their Sachs and not be happy with it.

• Like 2

Also, I've never worked with the Gold Valves myself, but after dealing with sourcing shims for the Sachs stuff, it'd be awesome if RaceTech did make a gold valve setup for the Closed Cartridge Sachs. I imagine it would make it easier than what guys have to work with now.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Goatse said:

Also, I've never worked with the Gold Valves myself, but after dealing with sourcing shims for the Sachs stuff, it'd be awesome if RaceTech did make a gold valve setup for the Closed Cartridge Sachs. I imagine it would make it easier than what guys have to work with now.

I'm not sure if shims are hard to get in the US but here in Australia 7mm is easy. Teknic and Beta Australia sell them and do ship, they are only a few days away and pretty cheap. The pain is delta shims I had to make my own.

Its not to hard to get Sachs to work really, the shocks are soft and have to much crossover gap, the rebound is also a bit soft, the forks are soft and have to much bleed, the mid is next to useless and the rebound stack a joke from what I've seen. 

I went the bleed hole in the mid route and sealed the base with face shims, with my new bike I may add a 20mm bleed shim instead of 18mm and try this with mods to the mid and rebound stack. I also have SSS forks fitted as well. No time atm but I will get onto this asap. 

MM 

• Like 1

I'm not sure if shims are hard to get in the US but here in Australia 7mm is easy. Teknic and Beta Australia sell them and do ship, they are only a few days away and pretty cheap. The pain is delta shims I had to make my own.

Its not to hard to get Sachs to work really, the shocks are soft and have to much crossover gap, the rebound is also a bit soft, the forks are soft and have to much bleed, the mid is next to useless and the rebound stack a joke from what I've seen. 

I went the bleed hole in the mid route and sealed the base with face shims, with my new bike I may add a 20mm bleed shim instead of 18mm and try this with mods to the mid and rebound stack. I also have SSS forks fitted as well. No time atm but I will get onto this asap. 

MM 

If they're tricky to get in the US, they're even trickier up here in Canada. Even to get the fork tools has been like pulling teeth.

A Race Tech 'Gold Valve' is just a piston.

Changing out the stock piston to the gold valve with dramtically incrase the oil flow around and through the shim stack, so you will NEED to get it revalved. 

I've never used the gold valve kits, but I assumed they came with a bunch of shims.

There is no Beta Canada like there is Beta USA, etc. There's a guy who imports them, and that's it. I've literally waited weeks for answers on parts in the past.

For example, this Wednesday will be 3 weeks since I ordered the fork tools, and I still don't even have an expected delivery date on them.

• Like 2

Closed Cartridge. They're on the way already, so I wouldn't want to pull the rug out now.

Also, I 'do' want the Beta scene in Canada to get better, so I do want to try to keep whatever I can as local as I can. I'd love for it to have something like Beta USA or Beta Australia. But without Canadians buying bikes and parts, it'd never get there.

Its for the shock iam talking about
I have tryed a couple of stacks
And cant get it to work like i want it
And i live in sweden so send my stuff to usa ets do not work
I have yoused rt before and like it
But i dont find the part nr for the sachs shock?

Funny I was just talking to a guy yesterday who has done a RT GV in a Sachs shock and raved about it, night and day difference in high shaft speed situations(rocks).  I've done a lot of valving on mine and its not bad but could be less progressive.  This is what a high flow piston does, and will require a different stack (stiffer).  You should be able to valve the low speed section stiffer to keep the bike up and better retain high speed compliance.  

The RT piston has a 16mm ID bore so needed a sleeve made for the 12mm tap on the Beta Sachs.  Now, all that said I'm curious if a stock KYB or Showa piston will improve things as well.  I'd have to look at the port areas of each.  Anyone done this?

• Like 2

The biggest problem i have is high speed comp and i cant get the rebound to work as i want it
I think i have heavy shim stacks in it now but maby its not that heavy?
I dont have the pappers here now
If i found i can post my stacks

The stacks generally end up looking a bit softer than say a 50mm KYB stack.  That is likely because the port area is smaller (lower flow).  What that will do is make the curve more progressive, it ramps up fast as shaft velocity increases.  It makes sense if you look at your complaint.  I run a pretty stiff rebound stack to allow the adjuster to be run more open, helping the compression.  Perhaps with a different piston this will not be as necessary.   Generally mine is not bad, but the rocks are slower and more technical.  What I do notice is that its almost impossible to eliminate kick over medium/high trail speed stuff like small logs on the trail.  So I would say the piston speed threshold of the issue is fairly high.  Also, I have valved a Sachs on an Italian Husky 250 almost the same, and it feels smoother.  Linkage ratio and therefore actual shock speed different.

15 hours ago, Goatse said:

There is no Beta Canada like there is Beta USA, etc. There's a guy who imports them, and that's it. I've literally waited weeks for answers on parts in the past.

For example, this Wednesday will be 3 weeks since I ordered the fork tools, and I still don't even have an expected delivery date on them.

Let me know. I’m close to the parts warehouse and I know the guys very well. I’ve even done the Beta Canada parts inventory before ha ha. I was with the distributor on the weekend, maybe I can help. 

My buddy built a bunch of suspension tools for Beta Canada, not sure which dealers they went to. I can talk to him as well, might be cheaper for him to send yo7 something. 

• NoFiddyPilot changed the title to Sachs Shock Goldvalve