husabusa

Sachs goldvalve

168 posts in this topic

Ok so the kit i found on ebay
SMGV-5003 will not fit?


I'm sure it will work, just may have to use the reducers. I don't know the exact differences in the kits, why I will call RT. Ideally I'd like a 12mm ID piston as I have a lot of 12mm shims.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can try email RS and ask
So 5043 not is for husqy they have 16id shims and the seperator rebound valve
Do you have any ides to my rebound stack? How to stiff up highspeed reb?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just talked to Race Tech.  Application spec on the site is wrong, SMGV - 5043 IS NOT the right part choice for the Sachs.  It would work but would need sleeve from 16mm ID.  Correct kit for Beta Sachs is a SMGV-5003,  a 50mm OD x 12mm ID piston, so plug and play.  So, I guess the guy I know used a 5043 kit then as he needed the sleeve.

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MartyMOOSE said:

Anyone know what piston Beta use in the US. 

MM 

If you mean Beta USA team stuff I'm told they have their own made, FWIW.  Stock is stock just like yours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/16/2018 at 5:11 AM, GP said:

If you mean Beta USA team stuff I'm told they have their own made, FWIW.  Stock is stock just like yours.

Ronnie Brown at Tuned By Ronnie has the answer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mckay said:

Ronnie Brown at Tuned By Ronnie has the answer.

As in a shock piston design? Not interested in a tuner just a better piston to experiment with.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, GP said:

As in a shock piston design? Not interested in a tuner just a better piston to experiment with.

 

As in Ronnie was the team suspension guy for years..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a SMGV - 5003 on the way, will show along with the stock piston when it arrives.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GP said:

Yep, and in fact if I could have found a 50mm KYB piston cheap I would have grabbed that to play with. 

Are you curious about the port dimensions of the Showa?

Do you know if the RSV for the two shocks is compatible?

Edited by Bermudacat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bermudacat said:

Are you curious about the port dimensions of the Showa?

Do you know if the RSV for the two shocks is compatible?

If I found a Showa valve I would be but no go on that either.   No RSV on Beta Sachs.   Another advantage to the GV (and KYB) is the bands are easy to get for service.  I could not get a separate Sachs piston band.  Going to be fun to see if a performance jump is possible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GP said:

If I found a Showa valve I would be but no go on that either.   No RSV on Beta Sachs.   Another advantage to the GV (and KYB) is the bands are easy to get for service.  I could not get a separate Sachs piston band.  Going to be fun to see if a performance jump is possible. 

Got it. Bands are your interest, not port geometry. :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bermudacat said:

Got it. Bands are your interest, not port geometry. :thumbsup:

HaHa,  the band availability is secondary but a plus.   I'm simply interested in seeing if the Sachs piston is a limitation that I have gotten used to in certain conditions.  After several conversations with people who have tried, with success, its worth a shot.  So, its not a specific piston I'm after, just one to put more control via flow on the shim stack.  A direction would be a good term.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with: