kiwixrrider

front caliper adaptor plate and wheel spacers

29 posts in this topic

Hi all ... Just going thru the process of motarding my 2000 DRZ 400e and I'm in need of the adaptor plate for the front brake caliper and the spacers for both axles please, does anyone have drawings with dimensions so i can make them or even better know where I can buy them from ready to go??

I have a set of CBR250RR wheels ready to fit, just need these final bits and then job done !

cheers JK

What size rotor are you going to use?
Is the rotor lateral spacing on that wheel set your using the same as a DRZ wheel?

Sorry, but the CBR250RR is not a common used wheel in the US for this MOD, so I have no info on rotor spacing 

Posted (edited)

For the DRZ wheel I used a Braking WK055L 320mm Rotor and Braking POW84 bracket adapter. I think with the CR wheel you may be on your own, unless you've swapped to CR250 forks as well.

Edited by Gary in NJ

the CBR front wheel already has the adaptor on it, from what I have read on this subject the rotor doesn't need a spacer it's the hub width on the DRZ axle.

Where do you guys find these 310mm rotors? I've heard there is an EBC and Braking 310 that the SM caliper can run with no adapters. But I can only find shitty Chinese ebay wave discs or OEMs.

EBC catalog has rotor dimensions for the bikes they support, you can compare the hole pattern/diameter and hole size.  will post a link if I find it.

There was some Australians selling drawings for the CBR 250 conversion a few years ago.

51 minutes ago, Broadie said:

One of the first sentiences at that link 

PLEASE NOTE: WE NO LONGER SUPPLY THE LASER CUT PARTS!!!

The rise of cheap motard wheel sets and the increasing lack of Honda CBR wheels has led to virtually no orders for these laser cut parts, so unfortunately we no longer supply them.

Looks like that is a dead end as a source.... unless you know something other then what the site owners posted??? Hopefully? 

Looks like that is a dead end as a source.... unless you know something other then what the site owners posted??? Hopefully? 

If you look further down there's a link to download a file for free :-) don't know if it works!

2 minutes ago, Broadie said:

If you look further down there's a link to download a file for free :-)

OK, file, got it,,,I mis read the OP's post, I thought he was asking for a part.... 
But re reading it"does anyone have drawings with dimensions so i can make them or even better know where I can buy them from ready to go??"

It was part or dimensions... Thanks for the catch.
Nice find, think I'll download and save it...

Hi Guys, the only file I can find on that link (which I had already found during my initial search for info) is a file for a CAD type program for a laser cutting machine ? have I missed something ? or does anyone know how to convert a dfx file to a readable file ??

cheers JK

44 minutes ago, kiwixrrider said:

Hi Guys, the only file I can find on that link (which I had already found during my initial search for info) is a file for a CAD type program for a laser cutting machine ? have I missed something ? or does anyone know how to convert a dfx file to a readable file ??

cheers JK

Save it off as a .txt like my browser did.  Go to file and rename to .dxf - open in AutoCAD seems to work just fine

What I am looking at is just the disk adaptor? does that make sense?

Cheers

John

Edit:   I also have the caliper adaptor DXF which downloaded perfectly as a DXF

Edited by roleyrev

41 minutes ago, kiwixrrider said:

cheers JK

Hi again.  I would post the DXF here but I can't find a way to attach it to a post - it looks like only pictures allowed

Cheers

John 

When I was looking into the cbr250 wheel conversion it appeared to me as though the US version of the front cbr250 wheel runs the caliper on the opposite side as the drz. Where the versions released to AUS and Asia appear to have the caliper mounted on same side as drz. I understand you can just flip the wheel over but the wheel spokes have sort of directional slant to them (which may look a bit odd mounted the other way).

I wonder if duke390 and rc390 wheels might work with some simple spacers on a drz?

9 minutes ago, sbmon said:

I understand you can just flip the wheel over but the wheel spokes have sort of directional slant to them (which may look a bit odd mounted the other way).

Having laced wheels, I can tell you that there is no direction associated with the rim.

SBMON .. i have used CBR250RR rims they have twin discs so no need to flip the rims to keep the directional slant correct ... just remove the disc you don't need !

I may not of explained myself clear enough to start with ... what I am after or trying to get info on is the dimensions/design for the brake caliper adaptor so i can make my own.

6 minutes ago, kiwixrrider said:

SBMON .. i have used CBR250RR rims they have twin discs so no need to flip the rims to keep the directional slant correct ... just remove the disc you don't need !

I may not of explained myself clear enough to start with ... what I am after or trying to get info on is the dimensions/design for the brake caliper adaptor so i can make my own.

Do you have AutoCAD or another DXF compatible CAD program?  The drawings is available though this link :

http://motard-supermoto-wheels.sportsontheweb.net/disc-caliper-adapter-plates/drz400-wr450-caliper-adapter-plate.dxf

You can then measure the drawing using the program tools or you could import into AutoCAD fusion 360 and extrude the drawing (making it 3D) and save if off as a step file - which is the first step in the laser cut / CNC process.

54 minutes ago, kiwixrrider said:

OK,  I've had five minuets to look at this.  I have just taken the drawing and dimensioned it.  Made it a .JPG and attached it.

Cheers

John

2 people like this