kiwixrrider

front caliper adaptor plate and wheel spacers

29 posts in this topic

Nice job rolyrev.

Mine was made the old-fashioned way. Starting with offering up cardboard to make a template, followed by a plywood prototype. Then the final version was cut and drilled by hand, took to my mates workshop for milling the step.

Wheel spacers were drawn up by working out the centre lines and offering up with stacks of washers.

You could try this yourself if all else fails.

15 hours ago, roleyrev said:

OK,  I've had five minuets to look at this.  I have just taken the drawing and dimensioned it.  Made it a .JPG and attached it.

5a57ec293fd5f_CalBracket.JPG.7d8f52ee5aefb10d51a6eaebc6fd6918.JPG

Cheers

John

Nicely done thanks, and now Im convinced i was not missing anything..... there was only one aspect view in that file yes?
No second view with dimensional data for the relieve cuts, material thickness, ect. 

6 hours ago, Erik Marquez said:

Nicely done thanks, and now Im convinced i was not missing anything..... there was only one aspect view in that file yes?
No second view with dimensional data for the relieve cuts, material thickness, ect. 

Hi,  

That was it, no notes or other reference's to thickness.  I would say that the file has been used to run a cutter of some description water / laser.

Cheers 

1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, roleyrev said:

Hi,  

That was it, no notes or other reference's to thickness.  I would say that the file has been used to run a cutter of some description water / laser.

Cheers 

Absolutely correct.. The file came from a shop that laser cut parts .. 
Pretty sure all the the caliper alignment brackets Ive seen have some off set to them as well..either cast in or machined in.

So either this specific application only needed the caliper moved in a single axis and thus cold be made from flat plate, or we are not seeing the second file where the part was machined after being cut 

4 minutes ago, Erik Marquez said:

Absolutely correct.. The file came from a shop that laser cut parts .. 
Pretty sure all the the caliper alignment brackets Ive seen have some off set to them as well..either cast in or machined in.

So either this specific application only needed the caliper moved in a single axis and thus cold be made from flat plate, or we are not seeing the second file where the part was machined after being cut 

This text pulled from the web may tell you how thick the material needs to be:

"However, you can right click and save the dxf file here to have your own disc adapter plate laser cut from 4mm mild steel plate if you take this plate to a laser cutting service. If you need the dxf file for the caliper adapter plate for the Suzuki or Yamaha conversions, right click and save the dxf file here and have this cut from 6mm mild steel plate. If you want to have a try and manufacturing your own adapter plates, you may need to work out a way to convert the dxf files into a more usable format for your purposes (dxf files are created for Autocad-style programs). "

So the caliper adaptor is 6mm thick.

The disk adaptor is 4mm thick

Cheers

John

On 1/10/2018 at 4:45 AM, kiwixrrider said:

Hi all ... Just going thru the process of motarding my 2000 DRZ 400e and I'm in need of the adaptor plate for the front brake caliper and the spacers for both axles please, does anyone have drawings with dimensions so i can make them or even better know where I can buy them from ready to go??

I have a set of CBR250RR wheels ready to fit, just need these final bits and then job done !

cheers JK

i went through the motarding process on my wr450 using the cbr250rr wheels, i know its not a drz400 but the process is the same i got all my spacers and adapters made here in thailand as labour costs in australia are ridiculously expensive. i got a disc adpater made up and used a factory gsxr100 brake rotor which is 310mm . if you need anything made up let me know and i could ship it to you

20170929_150825.jpg

20170929_150847.jpg

2 people like this

On 13/01/2018 at 7:30 AM, roleyrev said:

This text pulled from the web may tell you how thick the material needs to be:

"However, you can right click and save the dxf file here to have your own disc adapter plate laser cut from 4mm mild steel plate if you take this plate to a laser cutting service. If you need the dxf file for the caliper adapter plate for the Suzuki or Yamaha conversions, right click and save the dxf file here and have this cut from 6mm mild steel plate. If you want to have a try and manufacturing your own adapter plates, you may need to work out a way to convert the dxf files into a more usable format for your purposes (dxf files are created for Autocad-style programs). "

So the caliper adaptor is 6mm thick.

The disk adaptor is 4mm thick

Cheers

John

the steel should be 6mm thick apprently

1 person likes this