Jump to content

DR650 Adventure Bike Build

Recommended Posts

by RMATV

if you own a DR650 you'll understand.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't have the big tank or luggage on mine but I did do all the suspension,carb and GSXR exhaust so far.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, troy1160 said:

I don't have the big tank or luggage on mine but I did do all the suspension,carb and GSXR exhaust so far.

What about jetting and the air box mod?  Definitely some improvements to be had there.

Suspension wise I personally have only changed the fork springs and set the suspension on "factory low".  But I also did the GSXR muffler, FCR carb, air box, and one size smaller on the front sprocket.  It's amazing at how much faster it accelerates with those mods.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have done the airbox mod and jetting from Motolab,I had an FCR I rebuilt and modified but decided against it and sold it,still on the stock gearing due to some freeway travel on my commute.I have LED lights on it too but I might change them up with the spots and the LED headlamp instead of the bulb I currently have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmmm,

Cool looking YZ fender, cool looking Safari faring, cool looking aluminum panniers and running the stock suspension valving...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/01/2018 at 9:58 PM, zig06 said:

What about jetting and the air box mod?  Definitely some improvements to be had there.

Suspension wise I personally have only changed the fork springs and set the suspension on "factory low".  But I also did the GSXR muffler, FCR carb, air box, and one size smaller on the front sprocket.  It's amazing at how much faster it accelerates with those mods.

Send your  damper  rods  to Bruces  suspension . I had upgraded  front springs   (.55).The forks were still horrible  off road.The modified  rods  made the forks  much  better . Only cost about   $80.

I have a spare  set of drz400e  49 mm showa  forks  that I was going  to  swap.Not necessary  after Bruces  mods to stock fork . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, vulcanduro said:

Send your  damper  rods  to Bruces  suspension . I had upgraded  front springs   (.55).The forks were still horrible  off road.The modified  rods  made the forks  much  better . Only cost about   $80.

I have a spare  set of drz400e  49 mm showa  forks  that I was going  to  swap.Not necessary  after Bruces  mods to stock fork . 

Not familiar with Bruce's Suspension.  Then again I'm not going to do anything too crazy with my DR, at the same time, will the 49mm Showa's directly bolt on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No,they  don't  directly  bolt on.I am not positive , but believe  that  the  dr650  stem may  need  to  be  pressed into  the  drz400e  tripple  clamps . Then a bracket  needs  to  be  fabricated  to relocate  the front  brake  caliper  to accommodate  the larger diameter  rotor  of the dr650  wheel.

Cant go wrong  with  Bruces  modified  rods . 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:


×