OldeDude

Random Music Thread

Alice Cooper's best album, and I probably wore it out listening to it in my early teens.

Told her that I came from Detroit city and I played guitar in a long haired rock and roll band
She asked me why the singer's name was Alice I said listen baby you really wouldn't understand

• Like 3

I liked these guys back in the mid to late 70's, until they became the big "Power Ballad" band of the 80's.

Edited by OldeDude
  • Like 2

REO had one great LP.   Burned it out over 5 years of listening to it.  I listened to it the other day. It's still burned out for me.  But Damn it was a great LP back in the day :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Random AF . . . WHAM featuring Slayer!!!

• Like 1

Now that you're warmed up . . . how about a little Toto :excuseme:

• Like 2

As my buddy use to say (just saw the 6 year anniversary of his death :() in his southern Georgia draw:

"We can argue till the cows come home about who's the 2nd greatest band of all time. That's all fine and good. But there ain't no arguing who's the greatest."

I agree, buddy. There. Will. Never. Be. Another.

• Like 2

All as famous individually as Led Zepplin...  Plant played vocals like an instrument...  wasn't just another screamer.  My era...  I loved growing up then and gaining my freedom during those years.  Was a rich time. :worthy:

• Like 1

Dang, somehow I missed a few of the posts just before my last on. You guys were pulling out some good ones.

Re: Neil Young. His 1971 BBC show was amazing. The whole thing is floating around on YT. I was amazed at his talent the first time I came across it. For me, the highlight of the show was A Man Needs A Maid, and this song. Well worth the watch IMO...

Re: Alice. I've never heard that album, but IMO his best was Welcome To My Nightmare. After almost 40 years, I still listen to that album from the beginning to the very end... and then I'll listen again sometimes.

And I really miss Joe Cocker. I agree one of the best blues voices ever.
  • Like 1

My mom wore out The First Edition in the early 70's. Yes, that's Kenny Rogers singing psychedelic rock, kids. I still love their music.

And if the drummer looks familiar, that's Mickey Jones (Home Improvement, Sling Blade and many other movies/shows) He died earlier this year. Also played with Dylan on his '66 tour.

• Like 1