The Best Dirt Bike You Have Ridden

Husky TE300

I ride a WR450F and it feels like a rock compared to the Husky (my bike is about 50lbs heavier) Such a light and comfortable bike. I keep wondering if I should take the plunge and trade bikes. 

Edited by LRB
  • Like 2

My 1987 CR250R was and still is an incredible torquey, light, fast dirtbike. Raced in both MX and Hare Scrambles it would routinely get the hole shot, and would climb hills the other bikes wouldn’t. Today my bike of choice is my 2013 KTM 500 XCW, fast, reliable, e-start, can use on road or off all most anywhere.

• Like 2

I will add a new twist on this, what was one of your buddies bikes that you think was the best: My cousin had a Monark 125 GP not sure what year, 74 maybe, but that bike was great, it would out run 250’s of the day and handle jumps, tracks, trails like a factory racer. They are almost an unfair advantage in any vintage race. A couple-of other notables, 87 XR200, KTM 380, KTM 300, 1981 YZ250, YZ465, KTM 200.

• Like 1

This is a nearly impossible question to answer,indeed if you have been riding since a child.At the age of 13 I had a YZ490 for dirt and a RD350 for street.That YZ brought me more fear,smiles and excitement than any other bike in my life.That bike made you feel free,like you could fly.

I would get my friends dad to come start it for me,he would pull it next to the curb,I would climb on it,he would hold it up for me and I would ride off.He would go get on his ATC 250R and ride around with me....I miss the 1980s

• Like 4

My ole 01 Honda XR 400 with the 440 kit. That was my first big bike and I had it for 11 years. I didn't care how many buddies told me it was to heavy, old , loud, or slow. In a hare scramble, I loved it. You could hear that thing coming thru the trees like a monster. If I got close to any of my friends racing with me, they would move 25 yards earlier because they thought I was right behind them. If they still made them , that's what I would have forever. Stupid honda. Now I ride on a husky that they don't even make anymore. SMH 

• Like 6

The favourite bike that i have ever ridden would be my brothers CR250 02.  In simplest words, that thing is a rocket ship.  I can never get the bike to reach it's full potential power wise! Love it, always a blast to ride and I stand there stunned in fearful amazement after i get off it after a hard ride where I had it pinned for a second. Or two.  ?

• Like 1