Bruce1

XR200R stator question

4 posts in this topic

Are their any Honda stators capable of running lights and charging a battery that bolt directly into a 1982 XR200R? Maybe an XL from that same period?

Any XL185/200 rotor/stator/cover will bolt on, some covers are usable with several stators. Most rotor/stators seem to have unique ID/ODs so they don't mix. TLR200 rotor use a different size crank taper.  I built a hybrid using a TLR bottom end and XR top end and used the TLR wiring harness/electrics for the chassis, and the XRstuff for ignition.

Honda likes to use split power for the chassis; an AC system for the headlight, and a DC charging system for horn, turn signal, etc. A Clymers manual will usually cover many models have wiring diagrams.

In the 84-86  time frame Honda started migrating to using multi wire  connectors rather than single wire bullet connectors so using the electrics and harness to match the stator helps, again a wiring diagram will show the connections and connectors.

I converted a plated 82 XR200 engine to DC using 90-02 XR200 electrics, the slightly heavier rotor improved idle.

48 minutes ago, Chuck. said:

Any XL185/200 rotor/stator/cover will bolt on, some covers are usable with several stators. Most rotor/stators seem to have unique ID/ODs so they don't mix. TLR200 rotor use a different size crank taper.  I built a hybrid using a TLR bottom end and XR top end and used the TLR wiring harness/electrics for the chassis, and the XRstuff for ignition.

Honda likes to use split power for the chassis; an AC system for the headlight, and a DC charging system for horn, turn signal, etc. A Clymers manual will usually cover many models have wiring diagrams.

In the 84-86  time frame Honda started migrating to using multi wire  connectors rather than single wire bullet connectors so using the electrics and harness to match the stator helps, again a wiring diagram will show the connections and connectors.

I converted a plated 82 XR200 engine to DC using 90-02 XR200 electrics, the slightly heavier rotor improved idle.

Thanks!