2018 seat recommendations

So I’ve got a new 300rr. I’ve ridden it quiet a bit. Longer rides the factory seat is rubbing my butt and the inside of my legs raw. I know I’m not supposed to be sitting much, but I’m a lazy rider I suppose. Haha 😉 I was looking at the seat concepts seats, more specifically the one that lowers the seat height 1 inch. Anyone have one? I know it’s softer, but does it rub you raw like the oem seat?

6 hours ago, Mackmechanic said:

You got the lower height seat?

I do, Seat Concepts low. I love it, and the wife hasn't complained about it. Great, quality product.

2 minutes ago, Mackmechanic said:

What kind of cover you guys got with the guts foam?

got the guts cover, ribbed, in black, with the notches on it too. all black, I don't like flashy seats because they just get filthy. Used a air powered staple gun courtesy of NW_drz.

I have the guts stock height soft foam.  I'm going to switch to something else because my butt sinks through to the plastic if I am not seated in the center of the seat.  I weigh 190lbs for reference.

So I’ve got a new 300rr. I’ve ridden it quiet a bit. Longer rides the factory seat is rubbing my butt and the inside of my legs raw. I know I’m not supposed to be sitting much, but I’m a lazy rider I suppose. Haha I was looking at the seat concepts seats, more specifically the one that lowers the seat height 1 inch. Anyone have one? I know it’s softer, but does it rub you raw like the oem seat?

Throw some A+D ointment on before and after the ride. Works like a dream. And get that butt off the seat more!
I like seat concepts low. I am short and ride several hours for 2 consecutive days.

Try a mountain bike chamois short and chamois cream.  This has improved every motorcycle seat for every motorcycle I have ever owned.

I'm running Guts(or whatever Beta sells) soft foam at the stock height with Motoseat covers on both my bikes. A lot softer and much better grip when I do sit down...never had a problem with chaffage though, most of the time I'm standing.Motoseat.jpg.5f61593be22409ac3bad7b1f7af3654e.jpg

Edited by Sierra_rider