Helllo Australia TT'rs - Need help planning

Hello Mates (thought I'd try some local lingo;)),

Planning for my 60th to make it to Australia (55th I did Africa) and plan to do a lot of diving and MAYBE some MX or just riding. So here is where you guys can help. Birthday is Nov 4th (end of Spring but beginning of wet season) and looking for around that time if that works??

Are there any Aussie TT'rs that are big divers and can point me to the best locations, outfitters, etc. (don't care for the normal tourist chit) to plan my diving??

Any takers on hooking me up with a spare bike and maybe someone that races MX and can get me in a race (I hooked up with Brian Pine on Guam a couple of yrs ago and got to race there on a business trip once) or maybe just plan a ride or 2 out in the "woods". I'm a pretty good MX'r and a decent Harescrambler (been out for about 3 yrs but going back here shortly). I'm also an honest person, that meaning that if I damage your bike I pay for it!!

donO

• Like 1

Geez, in another thread ("how many aussies are on here") there is 649 replies, so there are "some" folks that ride down under obviously.

Now I just need to find those that are willing to extend a hand to a fellow TT'r and step up to the plate (that's an American phrase which means offer assistance)

Gday Im not sure i can help you out on the MX side of things or on the Diving side of things.. but i figured i do you the favour of at least replying. I do ride in the scrub (woods) but Im in the middle of nowhere literally. Im as far away from diving as youll get. and the nearest MX comp is over 80mi away. but we do have some sweet deep sandy desert riding here and relatively easy trail riding. No hard Enduro here its all firmly suspended 450s etc. hope you can find some help.

also google a town called murrayville victoria its not far from me.

Nusk

Nusk,

ThanX for replying. Just looked on the map (E of Adelaide), shit man I'll travel to middle of BFE, Aussieville if I can get a ride in and then travel back out for diving. And traveling to MX tracks, I've travelled all over the SE US for riding tracks/trails for a long time;) and still do!!!

I believe I've found some outfitters for one of Big2do's (free swim with Great whites) and I believe they were near Melbourne (I'll recheck).

Do you or any of your ride buddies have a spare bike I could rent from and then trail ride with you guys????

DonO

Hi Dano,

I may be able to assist in the MX scene. I've just moved to Sydney and trying to get setup racing/riding here myself. I dont have a bike yet, but kinda fresh of the boat and not starting my grown up job til next week so will have one soon hopefully.

Also there is a company here that rents out MX bikes + Gear at a motocross track near Sydney, The company is called MX Experience Motocross Hire.

Hopefully closer to your trip I can be of more help to you.

• Like 1

Nusk and db330,

I've been out on biz travel and just got back.

Planning for trip around Nov. 4th (Big 60th) give or take depending on what I can arrange and your weather.

One of the dive outfitters was near Pt. Lincoln???

donO