Y450f rims on drz400?

2 hours ago, Erik Marquez said:

Rotors will likely not fit, spacers for sure wrong and you need to know what width the rims are.

So possibly if different spacers were used it could work?

Edited by Bm1997

Bikes are simple to make street legal in Ohio. The 4 speed tranny doesn't led itself well for street use. Very doubtful you could buy that bike and sell for 3. I bet he takes the 1st 2500 that comes by.

Warp 9 uses a KTM hub for the DRZ rear. Same sprocket, different spacers. Call Warp 9; they always answer the phone and they are very helpful. :thumbsup:

5 hours ago, ohiodrz400sm said:

Bikes are simple to make street legal in Ohio. The 4 speed tranny doesn't led itself well for street use. Very doubtful you could buy that bike and sell for 3. I bet he takes the 1st 2500 that comes by.

Wait, it has a 4 speed tranny??

2 hours ago, ohiodrz400sm said:

Yes. Early Yamaha and Suzuki 450's used 4 speeds in a feeble attempt to save weight. While not such an issue on a mx track, it limited the bikes off-road versatility.

Good to know for when I buy another bike in the future:naughty:

Yes. Early Yamaha and Suzuki 450's used 4 speeds in a feeble attempt to save weight. While not such an issue on a mx track, it limited the bikes off-road versatility.
I don't think it was about the weight. The 450 mx bike power is so broad that it'll pull from anywhere in the Rev range. The smaller 250 bikes utilize more gears to keep it in the power range.

I don't think it was about the weight. The 450 mx bike power is so broad that it'll pull from anywhere in the Rev range. The smaller 250 bikes utilize more gears to keep it in the power range.

An early 2000's 450 has roughly the same power as a big bore DRZ with all the bells and whistles. Most people complain they want a 6 speed for the DR.

Today's 450's are now approaching on 60 hp and all are 5 speeds. The customers spoke with their dollars and 4 speeds went away. I had 06 RMZ450, I hated the 4 speed box.