Anyone know how to identify this?

This came on a bike a picked recently picked up and I would like to identify what make and model it is designed to fit.

If anyone knows, or can tell me how to identify it, please let me know.

IMG_5407.JPG

I put that in there as a size reference so I wouldn't have to go in the house for a ruler.

17 minutes ago, motovita said:

Looks like a 16 oz finish model with a hickory handle.

as soon as i saw this thread in my email - i was thinking i bet some smart arse will come out with a hammer reference - before i did anyway  :bonk:

• Like 3

yz490 fitment looked like that, but it looks like someone shortened the pipe coming in ? It'll get dented up if you try to hammer with it...

Edited by highmarker

Lol. It's tiny. Do you really think it would be for a yz490. The O.D. on the mounting side is only 28mm. It was hanging on a Chinese 125cc 4T I picked up as a project.

I figured it must be for a pit bike or child's bike like a PW50 or CRF50.

it could be off anything - the whole thing looks like its been shortened / cut down

looks like a vintage one of these - which fits numerous bikes

FMF_Image_75db94be-036a-4560-9914-24e0cb7c955d.jpg.1a4864edbc7e79aa4bf6e3647e9399f0.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks guys. I have a couple of CRF50's in the garage as well as a TTR50 and JR50. Perhaps I will see if it fits one of those.

But I think you guys are correct in that it could multiple bikes.

23 hours ago, S.O.A.N.Z said:

as soon as i saw this thread in my email - i was thinking i bet some smart arse will come out with a hammer reference - before i did anyway  :bonk:

If you use that unit,the power may hit a bit hard on the top end,but the vibration will be reduced. Ya' gotta know how to handle the hit.

Keep 'er straight during the downstroke and once your all lined up-Nail It !

(Sorry it was just too easy) 

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 5:50 PM, CRF James said:

This came on a bike a picked recently picked up and I would like to identify what make and model it is designed to fit.

If anyone knows, or can tell me how to identify it, please let me know.

IMG_5407.JPG

CRF James,

That silencer is for a RM 80 1989-2001 Powercore silencer. The new number for that would 020274 however, that is a discontinued silencer.

Hope this helps you out. If you have any further questions please reach out 310-631-4363

Edited by FMFRacing73
  • Like 2