2003 ec 300 for 2,800 any good

Hi and new here , and yes there is one for sale near me , sounds a little high price for the year , it does have oilens front and rear , are parts hard to get for this model and things to look for that break a lot , in need of info , 56 years old ride a xr 600 for the last 8 years , and is there a Big Bore kit to like 325 or bigger . And when I do a search it says try again and script not working . 

13 hours ago, Slow Dirt said:

Hi and new here , and yes there is one for sale near me , sounds a little high price for the year , it does have oilens front and rear , are parts hard to get for this model and things to look for that break a lot , in need of info , 56 years old ride a xr 600 for the last 8 years , and is there a Big Bore kit to like 325 or bigger . And when I do a search it says try again and script not working . 

coming from an xr600 i'd be shocked if you think the 300 needs a big bore kit.  2 strokes are a lot different then your old thumper. ;0)

• Like 2

That is a crazy high price. I sold my 2000 EC250 for $1400 and a 2007 EC300 for $2300 5 years ago and they were both in very good shape (also both had ohlins rear, not front though). I'd say that bike is worth no more than $2000 if it was in perfect condition. 

• Like 2

That is a crazy high price. I sold my 2000 EC250 for $1400 and a 2007 EC300 for $2300 5 years ago and they were both in very good shape (also both had ohlins rear, not front though). I'd say that bike is worth no more than $2000 if it was in perfect condition. 

+1
I sold an ‘05 EC300 last fall for $1,750.
They’re great bikes but there are better deals out there than that one.
  • Like 1

Eric built the first 327cc big bore kit for me about 10 yrs ago for my 2000 xc300.  I still have the bike and love it!  It has been bulletproof!  Super flat torque delivery very much like a 4 stroke.  2800 is very high for that bike.  A GG 300 of that era might be worth 2k if it was in perfect, need nothing, RTR condition. Otherwise, I agree with the prices mentioned by the others on this post.

• Like 2

Thanks so far for the info , yea I thought a little high to, did a KELLY BLUE BOOK said 1,995, what about parts , are they getting had to get for this old age bike , the big bore kits sounds nice, Was looking at the ESR 325 big bore Yamaha yz250 also , If I can talk him down to say 2,100 , should not need many upgrades or not ??? So keep the comments coming in please for now. Thanks 

On 1/16/2018 at 4:18 AM, markwoodlief said:

coming from an xr600 i'd be shocked if you think the 300 needs a big bore kit.  2 strokes are a lot different then your old thumper. ;0)

+1 big bore kit not necessary. ride for 6 months then evaluate. $1970 is kbb value assuming fully ready to ride. $1,750 is more like it.

https://www.kbb.com/motorcycles/gas-gas/ec300/2003/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Slow Dirt said:

Thanks so far for the info , yea I thought a little high to, did a KELLY BLUE BOOK said 1,995, what about parts , are they getting had to get for this old age bike , the big bore kits sounds nice, Was looking at the ESR 325 big bore Yamaha yz250 also , If I can talk him down to say 2,100 , should not need many upgrades or not ??? So keep the comments coming in please for now. Thanks 

Like any other bike brand parts avaliablility will depend on your dealer. GG dealers seem typically to be riders themselves as well and usually stock more parts than a lot of the "big" dealers do these day. GasGas has built a large warehouse in either North or South Dakota. I can't remember which one. But they have basically everything you could ever need in stock here in North America and shipping is very fast. I've gotten things like a new seat in 3 days. I wouldn't be worried about parts as long as you have a good dealer to go through. You can also order online at gasgaspartsguy.com and Budd will ship anything to you. He's great to deal with. 

• Like 1

Also check ebay and Gasgasrider.org for parts.  GG did a great job of parts retrofitting and crossover with other bikes.

You can change the power delivery significantly by the thickness of base gaskets to change port timing.  Getting the squish set correctly and jetting makes a huge difference.

• Like 1

Sounding better by the Hour , One more ? or 2 , Can you adjust the power valve to tune , like on the other Brands , Thanks again .

Well I pull the trigger on it and got it , a couple of months ago , for 2,400 $$ , Look over the entire bike and only needs rear wheel bearings for now , right now it sits at a Good Buddies house for safe keeping , away from my Wife , Long story , Now for the Good , This D** thing is well you Know is Scary Scary  did I say Scary F----a---s---t , They should of Name the Bike Fast-Fast , Not Gas-Gas , This Bike Used to be long to my Buddy and I Know of the History it , the other owner up grader the Olines to the newer version , slow and fast rebound clickers on bottom forks and fast rebound or compression on shock for Motor-cross and springs , I know he mess it up for the intended use of this Woods machine , Now for the other problem , Bud wants his bike back , I'm 56 this bike is cool fast and will take some time to get use to , the XR 600 does seem slow compare to 300 , he 52 But is a Vet-A Rider , Me Sen-B , Master-B , I use a KDX-200 for the HairScrambles  here in NC , any way heal half to Make me a offer I can't Refuse . 

Well I pull the trigger on it and got it , a couple of months ago , for 2,400 $$ , Look over the entire bike and only needs rear wheel bearings for now , right now it sits at a Good Buddies house for safe keeping , away from my Wife , Long story , Now for the Good , This D** thing is well you Know is Scary Scary  did I say Scary F----a---s---t , They should of Name the Bike Fast-Fast , Not Gas-Gas , This Bike Used to be long to my Buddy and I Know of the History it , the other owner up grader the Olines to the newer version , slow and fast rebound clickers on bottom forks and fast rebound or compression on shock for Motor-cross and springs , I know he mess it up for the intended use of this Woods machine , Now for the other problem , Bud wants his bike back , I'm 56 this bike is cool fast and will take some time to get use to , the XR 600 does seem slow compare to 300 , he 52 But is a Vet-A Rider , Me Sen-B , Master-B , I use a KDX-200 for the HairScrambles  here in NC , any way heal half to Make me a offer I can't Refuse . 
Congrats on the new bike. Any pictures?

1 hour ago, Slow Dirt said:

This D** thing is well you Know is Scary Scary  did I say Scary F----a---s---t , They should of Name the Bike Fast-Fast , Not Gas-Gas 

How about big bore kit? Still feeling that need after riding it?

Hay I'm 56 I can barely post and turn on pc , she has abought 45 hours total , still looks premo , 6 , 2hr races and 4 hour of Hard trail rides with the first owner, sold to 2nd guy who moto-cross it and trail road , about 35 hrs , and Me 15 seconds ripping 1-2-3 gear wheelies to scared to gas it any further . But no I do not know how to post pic. sorry , I need to put white or green plastic on it to blend in with the other 2 bikes .

If and when it does need a top end done , then may be , I try to ride as hard as my abilities , I race or ride in the race with both bikes 95-KDX200 and 96-XR600 and I guess I don't ride hard enough , I'm still on the same top ends on both bikes , so I don't think I will wear this one out either , the power on 300 is insane , I have modded both up , the 300 looks to be modded DOWN , yea buy a race bike and make it slower , go figure .