Sweden forced out of MXGP

7 minutes ago, MotorBotin' Meyer said:

I'm trying to follow you but......I DON'T KNOW WTF YOU'RE TRYING TO SAY

Excuse the caps lock....stupid phone

Lemmi break it down for you. In the MXGP series you must PAY to PLAY. Youthstream is the media corp that controls this. You must pay them in order for the race to happen on your track and be broadcasted which is of course mandatory.

A track in the middle of bum&%$#@! Sweden does not make enough bread to pay the fee Youthstream requires so, their Govt kicks in the bucks. 

The govt has cut the funding by a substantial amount and they can't pay the fee's, essentially forced out of MXGP circuit by political agenda.

Like i said, sucks for the Swedes. 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Arctic Pride said:

Lemmi break it down for you. In the MXGP series you must PAY to PLAY. Youthstream is the media corp that controls this. You must pay them in order for the race to happen on your track and be broadcasted which is of course mandatory.

A track in the middle of bum&%$#@! Sweden does not make enough bread to pay the fee Youthstream requires so, their Govt kicks in the bucks. 

The govt has cut the funding by a substantial amount and they can't pay the fee's, essentially forced out of MXGP circuit by political agenda.

Like i said, sucks for the Swedes. 

Political agenda?  Who made the rule that governments should subsidize motorcycle racing?

As far as the Swedes, not really.  Giuseppe Luongo's greed is going to take down MXGP.  Think of Sweden as an early adopter so to speak.  First Suzuki, then Sweden.  Expect to see more to follow.

Edited by redrider144
  • Like 10

Perhaps (hopefully) after Giuseppe runs it into the ground, someone else (who actually gives a $#!+ about dirt bike racing) will create a new series that is focused on dirt bike racing and not filling someone's pockets.

Did I actually just type that?! Boy, I must have gotten hit (hard) by the naive truck on the way home from work!

Someone running a dirt bike racing series for the sake of dirt bike racing... THAT will never happen! <------That's more like it!

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

Political agenda?  Who made the rule that governments should subsidize motorcycle racing?

As far as the Swedes, not really.  .

43 minutes ago, Christoffer Brandel said:

As a Swede I am not even suprised. Our goverment is only interested in paying for all the &%$#@!ing inbreeds coming our way from the middle east and africa. 

And they are not cheap so gotta cut the losses somewhere else ?

1 hour ago, Arctic Pride said:

Not a very compelling case for governments subsidizing motorcycle racing.  Yeah I get it that Sweden was doing it, as in they were choosing to do it, and are now choosing not to do it.

Do you consider every type of budget cut 'cause politics and stuff?

Edited by redrider144

1 hour ago, redrider144 said:

As far as the Swedes, not really.  Giuseppe Luongo's greed is going to take down MXGP.  Think of Sweden as an early adopter so to speak.  First Suzuki, then Sweden.  Expect to see more to follow.

It's the fallout for when you count on your government to take care of all your personal welfare needs.

Hakan Carlqvist must be rolling over in his grave.:foul:

• Like 4

Maybe NASCAR will pick up the GP series?  Y'all know how to turn left?

Considering our governments drop hundreds of millions on stadiums so NFL billionaires can have millionaires run around, we shouldn't  be talking.  Lately the public has been shafted by owners and players.

Edited by Kev_XR
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, redrider144 said:

Not a very compelling case for governments subsidizing motorcycle racing.  Yeah I get it that Sweden was doing it, as in they were choosing to do it, and are now choosing not to do it.

Do you consider every type of budget cut 'cause politics and stuff?

Ya and different places do stuff differently. Been to Sweden many many times used to work for one of the big Swede corps. There are lots of things I liked about Sweden and other things I didn't like. And I agree a budget cut in Sweden might not have the same 'politics and stuff' associated with it that it might here.

a lot of good comments....the gp's are heading down the toilet but so are we. Costs to promoters, teams and privateers  is getting totally out of hand here also.  Once upon a time I had hoped that someone or some group would step up and change things but it simply isn't going to happen at least in my lifetime.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Babyarmholdingapple said:

Welcome to America 

Somebody has got to to the work we can't rely on the addicted. They wouldn't do farm work or clean offices before they were sedated with Fentanyl and etc.

Edited by Chaconne