Sweden forced out of MXGP

1 hour ago, Christoffer Brandel said:

Atleast you don't pay 60% income tax and 25% VAT :rolleyes:

We were definitely headed in that direction.  :banghead:

1 hour ago, Babyarmholdingapple said:

But we people that want too

Where? I don't know one single person in my life who would want to pay the taxes Swedes do. Those systems work differently than ours they actually get pretty good healthcare, education, and etc for their tax dollars we get RMV and Postal Service quality for ours.

Most of us (at least in my sphere) already pay way too much in taxes for what we get and nobody I know would trust our bureaucrats with claiming they would give us more for our hard earned dollars..

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Chaconne said:

Most of us (at least in my sphere) already pay way too much in taxes for what we get and nobody I know would trust our bureaucrats with claiming they would give us more for our hard earned dollars..

That's the kicker, agree 100%.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chaconne said:

Where? I don't know one single person in my life who would want to pay the taxes Swedes do. Those systems work differently than ours they actually get pretty good healthcare, education, and etc for their tax dollars we get RMV and Postal Service quality for ours.

Depends really, 

If you are poor / drug addict / lazy you get alot of benefits in Sweden. 

For the average worker you get very little back. 

You get public schools but most are average at best. Most understaffed. 

Healthcare is good, but only the emergency part. The normal healthcare is nothing to put in the christmas tree. Also understaffed. 

Pension is really low. 

And the worst part is you can't get out of the system. It sure benefits people below average but if you are above you it holds you down. 

Sure is nice to pay medical bills for fat people who smoked all their life not giving a shit... NOT.

• Like 4

Depends really, 
Healthcare is good, but only the emergency part. The normal healthcare is nothing to put in the christmas tree. Also understaffed. 
Pension is really low. 
And the worst part is you can't get out of the system. It sure benefits people below average but if you are above you it holds you down. 
Sure is nice to pay medical bills for fat people who smoked all their life not giving a shit... NOT.

Sounds like you need to take up some bad habits so you get value for your dollar lol.
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Christoffer Brandel said:

Depends really, 

Pension is really low. 

I am sure. Even here where insurance company monopolies own the payout (which is kind of like govt in its own way), 85% of the dollars go to 15% of the people many of whom fall into the same class either that or they are drunken mullet heads who crashed their ATVs riding at night.:banghead: 

Here the wealthy can opt out, the p/d/l s get care, and the shrinking middle class pays the bills and gets below average service to boot. 

Bout the same on everything else. 

• Like 3

What ins cos have a monopoly here in the US? Where? What type ins?

I remember we had an executive move from Sweden to our USA office.  One of his first purchases was a used Porsche because the taxes on a sports car in Sweden made them for the very rich only.  Back in the late 80s. 

On 1/16/2018 at 4:46 PM, Christoffer Brandel said:

As a Swede I am not even suprised. Our goverment is only interested in paying for all the &%$#@!ing inbreeds coming our way from the middle east and africa. 

And they are not cheap so gotta cut the losses somewhere else :rolleyes:

Can you not change this?  Sounds like a bleak future.

Seems like there are two versions of this coming out of Sweden these days, the official govt. version that all is well, and the other from individual citizens and some police officers.  I tend to believe the latter.

22 hours ago, Christoffer Brandel said:

Depends really, 

Pension is really low. 

As a fellow from Sweden I mostly agree. 

Schools and education is free and that is actually great. 

Healthcare is also potentially "great". We have a high standard, but its very limited making people having to wait on critical care. Who gives a &%$#@! if the care is great if youre on a long list..? 

About the last one I cant agree. Im sure there are people not wanting me to take up medical care from dirtbikes and while I dont enjoy people getting bad habits I want a free society.

15 hours ago, YHGEORGE said:

Can you not change this?  Sounds like a bleak future.

Change? Lol. Political left is king in Sweden. Everything is left biased in Sweden, even national television. I mean, when the news is about "child refugees" (more like 25yo 'Afghan) the seriously play a song in the background for you to "feel for them". We have no control of who works at the immigration office so its always activists in charge of who gets and doesnt get to stay. 

Its a damn joke, but the left got such control of media that you could throw your political career out the window saying something like "well, we might discuss with this the right". Boom, your gone as a political leader.

• Like 1

No ability to vote folks in or out? I don't see that as a "free" society.

3 hours ago, Wessmen said:

As a fellow from Sweden I mostly agree. 

Schools and education is free and that is actually great. 

Healthcare is also potentially "great". We have a high standard, but its very limited making people having to wait on critical care. Who gives a &%$#@! if the care is great if youre on a long list..? 

About the last one I cant agree. Im sure there are people not wanting me to take up medical care from dirtbikes and while I dont enjoy people getting bad habits I want a free society.

Change? Lol. Political left is king in Sweden. Everything is left biased in Sweden, even national television. I mean, when the news is about "child refugees" (more like 25yo 'Afghan) the seriously play a song in the background for you to "feel for them". We have no control of who works at the immigration office so its always activists in charge of who gets and doesnt get to stay. 

Its a damn joke, but the left got such control of media that you could throw your political career out the window saying something like "well, we might discuss with this the right". Boom, your gone as a political leader.

Sweden don't have that high standard when it comes to healthcare. It's not bad and it might be good value but people who are really good at their work won't stay in Sweden because the pay is to low. 

Also we have very few care spots per capita as you said which makes the wait times long. I'd describe our whole public system as lazy. 

I agree that people shouldn't pay medical bills for our dirtbiking. But even if I want to opt out and pay my own medical bills I can't. That's what sucks because they force you into a system which you may or may not like. 

We don't have any real right party in Sweden. Even centern and liberalerna want immigrants from "shithole countries" to come here, all paid by taxes.

• Like 1

Since politics has already been injected into this thread, I can continue with my .02 cents. This is just the beginning of whats the latest trend in Europe. Sure Guiseppe is also to blame but when a perfectly functioning country with high standards is suddenly bombarded with large numbers of unwanted economic migrants, it will unfortunately have to give up some things in exchange for these new guests. Really is sad to see, hopefully this will be a wake up call.....

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, DesertCR said:

Since politics has already been injected into this thread, I can continue with my .02 cents. This is just the beginning of whats the latest trend in Europe. Sure Guiseppe is also to blame but when a perfectly functioning country with high standards is suddenly bombarded with large numbers of unwanted economic migrants, it will unfortunately have to give up some things in exchange for these new guests. Really is sad to see, hopefully this will be a wake up call.....

Ya never know though. A lot of migrants here have become huge sports fans Irish, Italian, Jewish, and now Hispanic have had generations that "saved" baseball. No country is perfectly functioning all have problems. Many of these European countries have static or declining native populations and the immigrants are needed for many of the jobs the natives will not longer do...not unlike us.

We are somewhat fortunate to have Mexico and Central America as our large source for immigrants as we more or less share cultural, social, and religious heritage. I think it is worse if there is a huge cultural/social/religious divide.

• Like 2

One of the delivery drivers that comes to my store is from Sweden. I asked him why the hell would he move hear when Sweden is portrayed as a paradise. Owns his own bread route here, but if he had the same business in Sweden he said he would be taxed to hell. The more you make the more they take. Said the same thing about healthcare. Emergency care is excellent, anything else you're put on a long waiting list. Best part he said, that he was able to buy a car for himself and a car for his wife. Too expensive to do that in Sweden. Came here for college and never went back. His brother and sister saw what it was like over here and they moved to the US too.

• Like 2

Trump said he wanted more people from Norway, not Sweden.  :lol:

• Like 3

I haven't read every comment but what I'm getting out of this is that the Swedish government has been paying money to a race promoter in order to have an MXGP race there? Now the government won't pay the promoter and people are pissed about it? Does the US government pay race promoters? I ask because I honestly don't know the answer but if it turns out the US government is using my tax dollars to pay race promoters, I'm going to be a bit pissed myself.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheWeez said:

I haven't read every comment but what I'm getting out of this is that the Swedish government has been paying money to a race promoter in order to have an MXGP race there? Now the government won't pay the promoter and people are pissed about it? Does the US government pay race promoters? I ask because I honestly don't know the answer but if it turns out the US government is using my tax dollars to pay race promoters, I'm going to be a bit pissed myself.

I wouldn't mind if the government paid race promoters to hold races. Look at how much the public is on the hook for when a professional sports team wants to build a new stadium be it NBA, NFL, MLB,or NHL. The state or city issues billions of dollars in bonds. I've even heard of cases where the local government is in hock for millions for a minor league baseball stadium even when the team folds. I'm looking at you Atlantic City and Camden.:lol:

Edited by racermx66
  • Like 1