Efi and low fuel light coming on 500exc?

I have had this issue happen twice,  my efi and low fuel light are coming on, the bike will idle but soon as you give it gas it will sputter and die. The lights aren't on until you roll the throttle back.  Any ideas? Also the electric start won't work. Have to kick the bike to start,  and the computer doesn't come on when you turn the key and flip the switch to start,. Assuming it's a wiring  issue or fuel pump issue,  any help would be appreciated. 

Sounds like low voltage. Check Battery/test batt. Check the ground from Battery to frame and make sure its tight. Check all other connections on and around Battery, also to fuse block. 

Yeah I've checked all of those,  need to really dive in and check all connections , I believe it's going on somewhere in that birds nest behind the headlight

Yeah I've checked all of those,  need to really dive in and check all connections , I believe it's going on somewhere in that birds nest behind the headlight

I you  haven't done it yet, fully charge your battery and immediately take it to Advance Auto or similar for a capacity test  

This should be #1 priority even if you think the battery is good

Think of your battery like a whole house water filter clogged up and ready to be replaced, water pressure (voltage) is good until you turn a faucet on (current flow)

• Like 2