Jd carb kit

Not sure on your bike, but I also installed a suzuki needle - NECW - on my 2015 300RR. Runs like a champ.  I played around with the beta jetting chart (which I thought made it run like crap). I had a friend that was running the NECW so I just copied his jets and needle/position and now it runs flawless.

I've heard good things about he JD jet kits, but man, I don't need it.

• Like 1

I run the JD kit on my 2017 300 RR and highly recommend it. It simplifies the jetting a bit with the chart they have and runs great. I've run from about 700-9000ft in elevation change with the kit and followed the chart with great results. The stock chart wasn't bad, but the JD kit is just smoother and cleaner. The power valve modification they include is a great adjustment as well.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, brysonrs said:

I run the JD kit on my 2017 300 RR and highly recommend it. It simplifies the jetting a bit with the chart they have and runs great. I've run from about 700-9000ft in elevation change with the kit and followed the chart with great results. The stock chart wasn't bad, but the JD kit is just smoother and cleaner. The power valve modification they include is a great adjustment as well.

Have you tried the NECJ or NECW needles? Might want to give this a try since it's a cheap part.

OP, JD's kit is all about their needles which are custom to them. The rest of the kit are OEM parts. JD has done the R&D for you but online are cheaper recipes for the same or better results. For example jetting on our XT was $20.

• Like 2

Did you fuel mileage improve (compared to stock) noticeably with the JD kit? Appears both pilot and mains are leaner than OEM jet chart.

I get about 35 mpg where I was getting 28-32 with the stock jetting. I wouldn't say it's huge. I get slightly better mileage than my buddy that rides a husaberg with a Lectron and I'm harder on the throttle.

The biggest difference I notice is how clean it runs and how little it's effected by elevation and temperature differences in comparison.
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 1/18/2018 at 10:48 AM, brysonrs said:

What's your thoughts on the power valve mod. I have the same kit in my 250rr. I have installed the mod a few times but always end up taking it out after testing it out around the block. To me it adds a delay in throttle response off idle.  A dead spot if you will,  then some crazy nice power kicks in right after that dead spot. Where do you feel the increased power at low or mid?

• Like 1

What's your thoughts on the power valve mod. I have the same kit in my 250rr. I have installed the mod a few times but always end up taking it out after testing it out around the block. To me it adds a delay in throttle response off idle.  A dead spot if you will,  then some crazy nice power kicks in right after that dead spot. Where do you feel the increased power at low or mid?
Mine is a 300 so it may be different, but I makes it really linear and I feel more power throughout the curve. Even off idle.

On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 8:01 AM, EnduroPNW said:

I like the jets but took the power valve mod back out of mine as well, it was very smooth but not much mid to top acceleration. I ride at the bottom most of the time but like to have that upper hit available at times. Easy enough to put in and take out so gives me another level of adjustment. I actually just got red, yellow, green power-valve springs from the Beta dealer looks just like KTM springs. I put in yellow for now and wow good power surge in the middle, may turn it in a bit from where it is for tech trails but it is fun! 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...