Nice Jersey,, dumbass

6 minutes ago, Bryan Bosch said:

Just lead the pack the whole time. Much cleaner... ?

Why didn't I think of that? Just get the hole shot and stay out front...problem solved! lol

I'm a raw beginner with my best finish being 4th at Hangtown...haven't even made the podium yet...lot's of muddy jerseys in my future unfortunately.

• Like 3

Well I will admit when I am wrong, apparently a group of riders got lost in the back country over the weekend. According to the search and rescue teams, the fact that these guys were wearing jerseys really assisted locating them. They are all safe and accounted for. I will update this as more info becomes available.  Here is a link to the article and a pic below.

http://www.vcstar.com/story/news/local/2018/01/21/ventura-county-sheriffs-air-unit-helps-rescue-12-lost-dirt-bikers/1052909001/ 

Screenshot_20180122-103159.jpg

• Like 1

Comfort and protection. Riding jerseys are cooler and offer higher abrasion resistance than most other materials. It does depend on the quality. I wear Klim gear and have never had a tear and only only mild scrapes after falls that would have left a good rasbery wearing cotton. 

Fashion aside, jerseys have a lot of function. Many have already mentioned that. The fit, materials and features are all centered around function / riding.

I look at it like when I play hockey. I could wear a tshirt under my shoulder pads and it'll do the job. But why would I do that as opposed to an underarmor shirt that wicks sweat, holds heat in and won't bunch up like a tee would? Seems like a pretty simple decision. 

And yet I was assessed a warning point for nonsense posting. It was a nonsense thread ffs. So apparently a mod missed the joke too.

Haha omg HR. You get flagged in so many threads! I think you have a bullseye on your forehead.

Although I already posted the ridiculousness of this thread, I have to mention one area that I agree with the OP on: trials gear. Now THAT is stupid. Especially when you take into account the cost. $150 for pants like my wife' yoga pants, but with graphics. No protection. And although IMO trials riders are the studs of all sports 2 wheeled, their Power Rangers outfits appear only to be missing a purse lol

I do love trials boots and helmets, though. Different than MX versions but equally as important.

Jmo

• Like 3

17 hours ago, wr250ish said:

Well I will admit when I am wrong, apparently a group of riders got lost in the back country over the weekend. According to the search and rescue teams, the fact that these guys were wearing jerseys really assisted locating them. They are all safe and accounted for. I will update this as more info becomes available.  Here is a link to the article and a pic below.

http://www.vcstar.com/story/news/local/2018/01/21/ventura-county-sheriffs-air-unit-helps-rescue-12-lost-dirt-bikers/1052909001/ 

So they had to leave the bikes there?

3 hours ago, Bron-Yr-Aur said:

Haha omg HR. You get flagged in so many threads! I think you have a bullseye on your forehead.

Although I already posted the ridiculousness of this thread, I have to mention one area that I agree with the OP on: trials gear. Now THAT is stupid. Especially when you take into account the cost. $150 for pants like my wife' yoga pants, but with graphics. No protection. And although IMO trials riders are the studs of all sports 2 wheeled, their Power Rangers outfits appear only to be missing a purse lol

I do love trials boots and helmets, though. Different than MX versions but equally as important.

Jmo

+1, I just wear my mx pants when riding trials.