Out of retirement

Alright guys went to the track today and rode for probably the first time in 4 years when I was 18 i raced a 250 B class and gave it well today I rode like shit maybe I'm washed up or a has been or maybe it will come back any body have any suggestions maybe just start over with a normal practice schedule and it should all come back right ?

Kinda did the same thing you are doing. Except it was 23 to 26. I just rode once a week and really made sure to get my technique down. The jumping will just come with time. Im faster now than I ever was. And I was riding three times a week before. And I just make sure to have fun with it.

• Like 1

I felt like I was faster in the turns when I first started back than before I took a break. The jumping took quite a while for me though. The arm pump was awful for about the first six months as well.

Yeah I still got my turns pretty well figured out I gotta work on my seat bounce and jump technique again I'm also tryin to tune my suspension to so it makes it kinds difficult

3 hours ago, doubledingo134 said:

Alright guys went to the track today and rode for probably the first time in 4 years when I was 18 i raced a 250 B class and gave it well today I rode like shit maybe I'm washed up or a has been or maybe it will come back any body have any suggestions maybe just start over with a normal practice schedule and it should all come back right ?

At 22 years old you have plenty of time to work on technique and fitness. You might feel a bit off now but you really have unlimited potential. When I was your age I didn't think I’d be racing past 30 yet here I am at 50 still racing two classes. Put your head down and ride young man!

• Like 1

Your right I'm just bummed out I was the top of my class around the home town tracks and didn't perform to my fullest today you know it's like a pride killer you know

Heck, I'm 56 and started at 52 and took a year off d/t injury. Enjoy the process.

• Like 1

It's hard to be a roadie after you've been a rockstar, but I'm assuming you're talking about a nothing race at a nothing track for a bunch of $5 trophies. 

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but for your first time back, you should've left your ego at home and just tried to have fun.  Pressuring yourself to perform when you haven't ridden in 4 years doesn't sound like a realistic goal.  Relax, have fun, and the speed will return . 

• Like 1