I've got a vintage enduro frankenbike. It's a 1980 Yamaha MX175 2-stroke, with a 1980 YZ125 engine in place, with the top end and carb from the MX. The MX is basically the same bike as the DT175, with the lights removed (and a slightly different engine tune). I picked this bike up with the understanding that it was a DT that had been stripped, and wanted to add head and tail lights and get it somewhat streetable (ride to the trail and back, etc).

The YZ stator (magneto?) doesn't appear to have any room to add a lighting coil, and I can't find any aftermarket support with stator options for anything this old. 

Any ideas on how to add lights, short of adding a battery w/ LED lights and recharging all the time? Maybe another bike (or newer YZ) has a similar flywheel diameter I can scavenge a stator with a small lighting coil from? I realize the bike won't have a huge output from it, and I'd be doing LED's anyway, and likely put a switch in to turn the lights on/off as needed. Just curious if anyone has any ideas/experience to impart. I've been googling around and have come up with very little to nothing, and I'm afraid that's about all I'm going to get.