First gen Dr650s...

Hey all, new here.

I’m going to look at what I believe is a 95 dr650s. The owner said it’s a 96 but it’s a kickstart bike. I thought 96 started the e-start generation. 

The bike has 12k on the clock and has a fer aftermarket goodies. He’s the second owner and the first was his buddy. All the maintenance was done at a local Moto shop. 

I’ll be getting as a trade and Im just wondering what I should be on the lookout for when I go check out the bike, common issues that should be addressed, etc...

electric start 94-up

5 minutes ago, plugeye said:

electric start 94-up

Did they still have kickstarters on some from 94-96? 

96+ had the oil radiator on the right side (throttle side).

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By knotduke08
      I know this topic has been discussed in the past, but I have not found any options available for the new 2018 bikes. I live and work for a new Beta Dealer (Auburn Extreme Powersports) in California, and we are having a difficult time mapping the RR-S bikes for full FMF exhausts. We have tried contacting Beta Support several times for this issue to no avail, and we typically are given the runaround when transferring to techs and secretaries. From what we can gather, the FMF flash is designed for the RR bikes, but not the street-legal counterparts. Every time we try to install the FMF map onto an RR-S errors occur, and the programmer screen goes virtually blank. We have heard through the grapevine that some are using the RR maps on the RR-S with success, but we have yet to try it, even on our own bikes for fear that it will permanently erase or damage the CDI. Any and all help or suggestions regarding this topic would surely be appreciated! Thanks, Ben.
    • By Woody Oakson
      So I have a 2008 yz450f and I would like to add some LED lights to it to make it street legal. Mainly just a headlight and a tail light and turn signals if I need to (which where I live hand signals work).
      So where I need help is getting power from the stator to a battery. Wiring from a battery to anything else I got and understand and don't need help with (but recommendations are welcome). So my questions are.
      What type of power is coming from the stator. AC or DC? Will I need a regulator or rectifier? How do I wire something from the stator to charge a battery? What would that wiring look like? Would this stator work? Anything else I should know? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
    • By Bigair01
      Hey Guys I thought I would share the placement of my WISECO Fuel Commander.  Please subscribe to my channel, share or like it.
      This video shows the steps needed to install the WISECO Fuel Commander Controller for the Fuel Injection system on my WR250R.  This install can be difficult if you don't know what you are doing.  But hopefully the video helps you figure out the steps needed to install this thing.  If your not comfortable have a Mechanic install for you.  I definitely felt a snappier feel along with my No Toil Air Filter Mod.  I bought this in hopes to have the capabilities to properly fuel my bike during stock and new exhaust mods.  Well When I get it anyhow.  SO if you liked the video please check out all my current and future videos on my channel.  Cheers.
    • By Markl5557
      I am currently running 10w 40 Belray non synthetic and I want to switch to full synthetic amsoil .... is it ok to switch from regular to synthetic? I have read it’s not safe to go from synthetic to regular can someone explain if it’s safe to go from regular to synthetic!? Thanks !
    • By LRB
      Hey guys,
      I currently ride a WR450F that is not street legal and would like to pick up a dual sport to make things a little more flexible for me when I travel to Southern UT to visit family. I dont really want to make my current bike street legal and just figured it'd be fun to have a dual sport to dink around on when I am visiting family.
      I dont think I am very interested in the DRZ mainly because I don't think it'd get a ton of use and don't feel like spending that much for something that I am not too sure will see much use.
      Wondering what your thoughts are on advantages of the CRF250L vs WR250R vs KLX250 are and anything you think I should consider when looking at these models.
      I think the only challenge that the KLX has is that there arent a whole lot of aftermarket options for the 2018 model yet, but I am sure those will come soon enough.