First gen Dr650s...

Hey all, new here.

I’m going to look at what I believe is a 95 dr650s. The owner said it’s a 96 but it’s a kickstart bike. I thought 96 started the e-start generation. 

The bike has 12k on the clock and has a fer aftermarket goodies. He’s the second owner and the first was his buddy. All the maintenance was done at a local Moto shop. 

I’ll be getting as a trade and Im just wondering what I should be on the lookout for when I go check out the bike, common issues that should be addressed, etc...

Thanks

Chris

D8D68861-EC6F-4C90-A721-FA38BB9B7E09.jpeg

99197550-55EA-48CB-9511-B83DF897237C.jpeg

01A22CAD-3D4E-4E3E-B9C0-9ED98C6D4D21.jpeg

9C094BA5-2DFC-4C39-9ADE-403F41036CA5.jpeg

8B27A3CF-E08D-4737-8C55-853324D470B2.jpeg

electric start 94-up

5 minutes ago, plugeye said:

electric start 94-up

Did they still have kickstarters on some from 94-96? 

96+ had the oil radiator on the right side (throttle side).

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Markl5557
      So I’m reading these horror stories of the stock vacume operated petcocks failing and letting gas into the oil .... how many of you guys switched over and is it worth it to switch to manual ?
    • By Markl5557
      So I’m now in the market for a skid plate for my 17 drz anyone have some suggestions on brand ???? Looking for one specifically that is strong and gives good access to oil drain(s) -Thanks ! 
    • By Hieu nguyen
      Hi all,
      i was wondering if the dr650 tank would fit on a drz without any mods? Many thanks
    • By nomeansno
      I will be going on a trip around US and will be towing my WR my the front wheel like in the pic below. I don't want to be eating up the knobby tires on the long freeway stretches. Is there any rear rim that can fit properly on the WR, that isn't a WR rear wheel as they are kind of pricey, so that I can switch it out for when I'm towing it? I don't need it to be able to fit the break or sprocket, just need it to be able to roll properly. 
      Edit: Since this is turning into "how to tow a motorcycle" thread, I've looked at all my other options. Buying a car that can handle that, trailers, bike carrier on a hitch, etc. I've towed my bike like this plenty of times without a single issue, and have spoken with other owners that have done the same. With the chain and rear break disconnected there is no way the bike engine will be hurt by towing the bike this way. I don't have anywhere that I can store a trailer when not in use, I'm not going to buy another car just so 1% of the time that I use it for towing i can tow properly with it, and the hitch carrier wont work for my vehicle as they don't make hitches strong enough for it to handle the full weight of the motorcycle. Simply want to know how to figure out how to figure out what wheel and spacer would work on the rear to have the wheel spin freely when not connected to to chain or break. 

• By Markl5557
      Morning , 
        I am looking for recommended radiator guards for my 2017 drz400 I was looking into the devol metal ones . Any one have suggested brands? Replies are always appreciated !