First gen Dr650s...

Hey all, new here.

I’m going to look at what I believe is a 95 dr650s. The owner said it’s a 96 but it’s a kickstart bike. I thought 96 started the e-start generation. 

The bike has 12k on the clock and has a fer aftermarket goodies. He’s the second owner and the first was his buddy. All the maintenance was done at a local Moto shop. 

I’ll be getting as a trade and Im just wondering what I should be on the lookout for when I go check out the bike, common issues that should be addressed, etc...

electric start 94-up

5 minutes ago, plugeye said:

electric start 94-up

Did they still have kickstarters on some from 94-96? 

96+ had the oil radiator on the right side (throttle side).

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Markl5557
      So I am going to put in an in-line fuel filter just for added protection from stuff in my gas .... and I have always used bronze element cone ones you no what I’m talking about the ones everyone seems to use but upon reading online supposedly that bronze element breaks down and doesn’t catch everything .... I have came across a moose fuel filter that has a fine nylon mesh just like what’s on the petcock filter ... any opinions on which is better ? Bronze element or mesh ?
    • By Michael Gullotta
      Hi Thump masters I’m the fng. I’ve only ridden a few bikes recently but one toe on the ground when at a stop is messin with my head. I need to get more of at least one foot on the ground when I stop. I’m 5’6” and am wondering how much drop links will lower a seat. My research is taking me to the Yamaha xt 250 for over all dual sport with a 31.5” seat height stock. Most other dual sport bikes are higher. I haven’t bought anything yet but am ready. Tell me what you know. Thanks , Mike
    • By ryanlaw
      Less than 2000 miles.  Heavily modified, clean bike.  Race Tech Shock and golden valve Suspension, Scot Steering Stabilizer, FMF Q4 Megabomb Exhaust, ProTaper Bars, HD guards and mirrors, fender eliminator, sprockets, Fuel Module, hr/tach meter, Rox Risers, Acerbis Tank, speedo digital correction, Ion Battery, Z heel guard and shift lever, Pro Moto Fender rack, Flatlands Skid Plate, Fastway Air footpegs, many others totaling over $4300.  No engine mods other than removing restrictions. All OEM parts come with the bike and fresh oil change.  Title in hand.  This is a near new dual sport with all the right modifications that make it a great bike.  I love doing the modifications, have made this bike the best it can be and am moving on to the next project. call or text 620-271-4717 or email
    • By wildbillsgarage
      I know it just snowed 8"/20cm but this was a week earlier. Oh the great, white, north. Are ya coming up?
    • By Toasties
      This bike is in excellent condition! And, this 2014 model year EXC in particular, is viewed by many as the best year manufactured to date. Extremely low hours & miles of use. All of the most desirable premium equipment upgrades make this California “plated” 500 a great dirt/enduro (or street conversion), a riding dream. I’m moving on to a desert side by side. So, if you’re looking for a great “plated” KTM bike setup perfectly for the dirt, with low use, perfectly maintained, and all of the best upgrades, without the showroom sticker price, look no further and save yourself some money in the long run!
      Only 27.7 hours / 698 miles on the Odometer!! $Thousands of Dollars of Perfect Dirt Setup Upgrades Garage Storage and Care ECU Flashed to Euro XCW Map FMF Full System All Titanium Factory 4.1 RCT #045477 Ride Engineering: KTM Triple Clamp Set 20.5mm Offset; p/n KT-BTB43-GE – Much Nicer Handling than Stock! Euro Style Sicass Racing Easy Fit Rear Under Fender, Light Kit and License Plate holder Pro Moto Billet EXC/XCW Kick-it Kickstand #PMB-01-3007 – Great Stand, Won’t Break! Pro Moto Billet: Sharkfin Rear Brake Disc Guard #PMB-01-9020 Bullet Proof Designs Orange Gen 2 Radiator Guards with KTM logo – Lightweight Protection in Orange! Pro Moto Billet/Fastway Performance: Orange Fastway Evo Air Foot Pegs P/N # 22-4-001-OR – Great Pegs, in Orange! Cycra Racing: Probend Series One Handguards and Mounts - All Black – P/N 7800-12 Shorai Lightweight High-Quality Lithium Battery P/N LFX14L2-BS12 – Always Maintained on Battery Tender (and new original/spare battery) Upgraded Front Sprocket and Rear Sprocket geared for the desert (14 front/52 rear) Renthal O-Ring Off Road/Enduro/Desert Chain (25-6120 120 links fit for new gearing) KTM Aluminum Skid Plate New Front Tire: Golden Tire 90/100-21 GT216AA Fatty New Maxxis Enduro Rear Tire DoubleTake Enduro Dirt Mirrors (not shown in pictures, like new) New Extra Heavy Duty Inner Tubes Installed both Front and Rear Aluminum Tire Tube Caps Adjustable Handle Bar Risers Motor Oil (always factory specified Motorex 10w/50 4T Fully Synthetic) and Filter (always K & N) Changed as factory directed (or earlier) at 1, 14.5, 26 hours Muffler End Cap Plug (always used for muffler packing protection during washing) Quality Racing Fuel Run Clean to Prevent Ethanol Fuel System “Gum Up” Clear Title in Hand California “Plated” registration paid through 9/26/2018 KTM 2014 EXC 500 Shop Manual CD – All the Factory Maintenance & Repair Detail KTM 2014 EXC 500 Owner’s Manual Ignition Key and Factory Master Key KTM Tool Kit Bike is Located in Long Beach, CA … Come by to See for Yourself! Other Accessories for Sale Separately… or, Part of our Deal
      Fasst Wheel Spoke Torque Wrench Britkit High Quality Leather Rear Fender Pack Wet Pouch Set-Up Extra K & N KN655 Oil Filter Extra NGK Platinum Laser Iridium LKAR8AI-9 6706 Spark Plug Extra Motorex 10w/50 4T Fully Synthetic Oil Loading Ramp Knee Guards Like New Spare OEM Parts from Replacements Extra tire tubes Klim Shoulder Pads/Chest Protector Klim Mojave Leathers Alpine Stars Tech 10 Boots Motorcycle Stand (as seen in listing pictures) Battery Tender