Sign in to follow this  

Best aftermarket seat foam and cover XR650R?

I am looking for a more comfortable seat for my BRP.  I spend one 5 hours a week on it and the stock foam is not cutting it, and I am looking at doing some long adventure rides.  most important of all it has to look good!

Can anyone recommend a better seat? 

Seat Concepts.

Expensive, but PERFECT.

I can happily sit on this seat for 500+ miles or 24 hours straight, whichever comes last...

At the time, I was planning to get a Renazco seat but I didn't want to wait that long and the Seat Concepts tall comfort was a lot less in price.  The only regret I have about the Seat Concepts saddle is that I did not spend the money sooner.  Every person that I know who has a Seat Concepts setup would say the same thing.  I have the "tall" version with red carbon sides and gripper top.  I will say this was probably the easiest foam and cover to install I have done.  I did not use the included liner for extra water protection.  The seat is wider at the back than stock (lots of cushion) and narrows up where your legs are when standing so it feels normal.

https://seat-concepts.myshopify.com/collections/honda/products/honda-2000-07-xr650r-tall

0522151703.jpg

• Like 1

I just go to local unholstery shop, or some interior shop, take seat in, talk with them, can custom design ur own, usually they have different densities of foam, and can usually make up your cover, and usually tons less money! Just an idea!

Third thumbs up for Guts racing.  Put one on my XR400 and loved it, so wound up getting on on my XR650L too!  Went with the taller foam (I'm 6'2") and have never gotten off after a long ride, wishing I'd done something different. Waaaaaaaaaay better than stock.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, V908 said:

Third thumbs up for Guts racing.  Put one on my XR400 and loved it, so wound up getting on on my XR650L too!  Went with the taller foam (I'm 6'2") and have never gotten off after a long ride, wishing I'd done something different. Waaaaaaaaaay better than stock.

I'm thinking of the taller seat too, even though you have me by about an inch in height.

Did you go with the hard, medium, or soft foam?

I'm assuming medium will work best for me, which will still be firmer than what I have now.

I have a seat concepts seat on my 01..I can ride all day. Bought my girlfriend one for her klx. Did 180 miles of trails in 1 day last year...she complained too much lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ScottRNelson said:

Did you go with the hard, medium, or soft foam?

I'm assuming medium will work best for me, which will still be firmer than what I have now.

I didn't remember (7 years ago!) so I had to go look it up.  I went with the soft foam (it's not too soft) on their "Seat Cover, Hardcore Gripper Style Seat Cover Black TALL HEIGHT" product.  After all these years it's still holding up great (no beat-in depressions or anything) and no rips or tears.  Very happy customer.

I had a Guts Racing foam and cover for about 4 years. It was a big improvement over stock but with the soft foam I found it still too hard and narrow for riding it as a dual sport. I switched to Seat Concepts soft foam about a year ago and it is very comfy for my dual sport use. I do not ride any single track so take that into account. The most miles I have logged in one day was about 350 miles when I rode down into the Arkansas mountains near Eureka Springs.

20160924_113343.jpg

Edited by hodakaharold

Is that stock height and pretty comfortable? I'm 5-9 and not interested in a taller seat.

On 31/01/2018 at 2:58 PM, hodakaharold said:

I had a Guts Racing foam and cover for about 4 years. It was a big improvement over stock but with the soft foam I found it still too hard and narrow for riding it as a dual sport. I switched to Seat Concepts soft foam about a year ago and it is very comfy for my dual sport use. I do not ride any single track so take that into account. The most miles I have logged in one day was about 350 miles when I rode down into the Arkansas mountains near Eureka Springs.

20160924_113343.jpg

12 hours ago, firsthere said:

Is that stock height and pretty comfortable? I'm 5-9 and not interested in a taller seat.

I am 5' 10" and I am comfortable with this seat but I cannot put my feet flat footed when I stop. Seat Concepts have a taller seat but I bought the standard seat.