NEDW vs NECJ vs N3CJ

Hi. I like to hear from u guys a comparison between those needles. 

I like n3cj on 4 (175 main)because is ok not too lean not too rich but I have also NEDW on 4 ( and 170 main)witch is more powerful ,more torque BUT it feels too rich 4 stroke feeling.

I have also NECJ. How the bike will respond with NEDW on 3 versus NECJ on 4??

I don't want to lose power but I want to win some snap on bottom end.

RM250%20needle%20jet%20guide_zpsirb4uhtw

Edited by shrubitup

I have this chart too. But I want to know how the bike will respond with those needles. 

I will lose power with NEDW on 3 vs NECJ on 4?

And yes ,until now best jetting is for me: 42 n3cj on 4 and 175 main.

But typically, n3xx are a bit lean on middle,and than come hard on pipe.

2 hours ago, adriano.ro said:

I have this chart too. But I want to know how the bike will respond with those needles. 

And yes ,until now best jetting is for me: 42 n3cj on 4 and 175 main.

But typically, n3xx are a bit lean on middle,and than come hard on pipe.

The Suzuki needles are very easy to understand 

NE=triple taper

C and D = clip position (D being 1/2 clip richer then the C, so if you want 1/2 clip rich you run the D in same clip position as the C eg: clip 3 , if you want 1/2”clip leaner you run the D a clip leaner eg : NEDx needle in clip 2 is same as NECx in clip 2.5)

the last letter in your case W(i) and J is the diameter of the starting diameter ( just off idle/ pilot jet)

richer to leaner H,W(i),J,k

6 hours ago, kxrob said:

The Suzuki needles are very easy to understand 

NE=triple taper

C and D = clip position (D being 1/2 clip richer then the C, so if you want 1/2 clip rich you run the D in same clip position as the C eg: clip 3 , if you want 1/2”clip leaner you run the D a clip leaner eg : NEDx needle in clip 2 is same as NECx in clip 2.5)

the last letter in your case W(i) and J is the diameter of the starting diameter ( just off idle/ pilot jet)

richer to leaner H,W(i),J,k

This is the problem! They are easy in theory but in real life is different

I took NECJ side by side with NEDW and u can see the needle of the NECJ  needle is far more thinner. So they are different on all over not only on idle and a bit.

With NEDW will much more harder on pipe.

I need to know if anyone try those needles in different positions and combination.

8 hours ago, adriano.ro said:

If you lose power with NEDW then you are running too rich for conditions. NEDW is richer so when temps or elevation increases you need to be running in a leaner setting found on NECJ.

On 1/28/2018 at 9:36 AM, adriano.ro said:

This is the problem! They are easy in theory but in real life is different

I took NECJ side by side with NEDW and u can see the needle of the NECJ  needle is far more thinner. So they are different on all over not only on idle and a bit.

With NEDW will much more harder on pipe.

I need to know if anyone try those needles in different positions and combination.

Either you are mistaken, or you have a NECJ needle that has been modified (ground down). There is no place on a NECJ needle where it is thinner than the NEDW! When you look at them side by side it would be difficult to tell any difference as they are nearly the same. If what you actually did was compare your NECJ to your N3CJ than yes there is a noticeable difference between them, NECJ will look "far more thinner" than N3CJ.  

My bad. 

So how the bike will respond/feel NECJ#4 VS NEDW#3 WITH the same main an pilot jet.

Is 40pj theoretically ok those needles? Around 5C  an 500m alt.

I need smaller pj then N3CJ?

Tnx guys , is my first 250. WITH 300 was easy to jett.

8 hours ago, adriano.ro said:

My bad. 

So how the bike will respond/feel NECJ#4 VS NEDW#3 WITH the same main an pilot jet.

Is 40pj theoretically ok those needles? Around 5C  an 500m alt.

I need smaller pj then N3CJ?

Tnx guys , is my first 250. WITH 300 was easy to jett.

nedw in clip 3 is same as necj in clip 3.5 ( so half clip leaner then the necj in clip 4

the w in the code for the nedw mean slightly rich at the very start (1/8-1/4 throttle) which is a good thing in cold weather

a 40 pilot seems lean at 5c and 500m alt

you need slightly bigger pilot then the n3cj 

Edited by kxrob

you will also need to drop the main down when you go from a N3CJ to a NExx needle because of the reason i stated a few posts back

4 hours ago, kxrob said:

nedw in clip 3 is same as necj in clip 3.5 ( so half clip leaner then the necj in clip 4

the w in the code for the nedw mean slightly rich at the very start (1/8-1/4 throttle) which is a good thing in cold weather

a 40 pilot seems lean at 5c and 500m alt

you need slightly bigger pilot then the n3cj 

I thought a bit different: IF we start in #3 clip position

NECJ 3= NEDJ =2.5 NECW=2 NEDW=1.5 

We kept the clip in 3th position but the difference between the the needle is like that.

From NECJ to nedw we have 1.5 clip position distance.

My head is gone... 🤔😁

Edited by adriano.ro
13 minutes ago, adriano.ro said:

Difference between xxxw and xxxj needle is slight difference 1/8-14 throttle 

difference between xxCx and xxDx needle is clip position (1/4 to 1/2 throttle)

Now is more clear for me.

Anyway I think I need H needle for 250. 

300 needs more lean jetting, and after I read 1000 pages off jetting topics my conclusion is that,250 work well with richer settings. 

Tanke you guys.

2 hours ago, adriano.ro said:

Now is more clear for me.

Anyway I think I need H needle for 250. 

300 needs more lean jetting, and after I read 1000 pages off jetting topics my conclusion is that,250 work well with richer settings. 

Tanke you guys.

Only slightly richer for a 250 then a 300

I ended up with N8RH in #4 clip. Like train!!!! A lot o torque an power everywhere but is a bit too rich on steady throttle , I need to move on #3 clip but I lose the extra power,but run clear. 

So I need 1/2 clip leaner needle. 

Or to shim my current needle.

7 hours ago, adriano.ro said:

I ended up with N8RH in #4 clip. Like train!!!! A lot o torque an power everywhere but is a bit too rich on steady throttle , I need to move on #3 clip but I lose the extra power,but run clear. 

So I need 1/2 clip leaner needle. 

Or to shim my current needle.

Shim it and run in clip 3 , I don’t think this will help though, it’s the xxxH part of the need that is causing it to run rich at part throttle and the fact that the N8RH is a dual taper like the N3CJ you also got 

2 hours ago, kxrob said:

Shim it and run in clip 3 , I don’t think this will help though, it’s the xxxH part of the need that is causing it to run rich at part throttle and the fact that the N8RH is a dual taper like the N3CJ you also got 

But in clip 3 will run ok,no rich symptoms.  But not so much power. For example if I'm in 5 gear at very low speed and I grab full throttle with clip 4 will build power but with clip 3 will boog. H needle is the best so far for torque. No so clean run but power anywhere.

1 hour ago, adriano.ro said:

But in clip 3 will run ok,no rich symptoms.  But not so much power. For example if I'm in 5 gear at very low speed and I grab full throttle with clip 4 will build power but with clip 3 will boog. H needle is the best so far for torque. No so clean run but power anywhere.

Sorry I mean clip 3 with the shim under it to simulate clip 3.5

1 hour ago, kxrob said:

Sorry I mean clip 3 with the shim under it to simulate clip 3.5

Yes,I'm understand that. With needle is 1/5 clip leaner?

I read that the N3CH is 1 clip leaner then N8RH. For example n3ch2= n8rh1 .

And we know the n3xx needles are in 2 category n3cx and n3ex. 

So N3EH2 = N3CH 2.5 =N8RH 1.5 😁

On my case N3EH #4 = N8RH #3.5