Yellow YZ250 nearly finished

IMG_0132.thumb.jpg.26e9121deb2423a3ad64ac7e097dbad8.jpg Been a good project, just waiting for my reeds then she's ready to rip.

Motor was ported by Derek Harris of HP racing. I'll be doing a report on that soon.

Looks nice. What tank/shroud graphics are those?

Tank is a clarke stock size in black, the graphics are a no name brand on ebay. The plastics are gold cycra power flow shrouds and fenders.

Sick dude, love it.

Motor is projected to be making around 53-54hp according to some dino charts on similar set ups as well.

It actually looks like these are GYTR graphics. They shipped from England

Don't know why they went to the blue, that's what a Yamaha should look like. looks great.

Don't know why they went to the blue, that's what a Yamaha should look like. looks great.

100% agree

Good looking machine. Let us know how she rips brutha.

Being that I grew up in Pittsburgh I'm black and gold inside and out. I want to do this to my 250x but I'm not throwing that money down yet. I'm pulling the trigger on a Suomy helmet and new airframe pro chest protected. No black and gold yz for me just yet. OP's bike looks awesome 

Interesting. I saw the Cycra shrouds and they look like they require proprietary graphics. I guess not? Or they require the 15+ restyle shroud style not the 02-14 style?

Edited by 2strokeYardSale
Interesting. I saw the Cycra shrouds and they look like they require proprietary graphics. I guess not? Or they require the 15+ restyle shroud style not the 02-14 style?

It's the 15+ shroud and graphic kit

Can you post a link for the graphics? Looks sweet!

Can you post a link for the graphics? Looks sweet!

I would man, but these are gytr 60th graphics. They only sell them while they sell the yellow 4 strokes. I got the last set I could find, they were on Ebay.

Nice! I'm lusting after a YZ with anniversary/bumble bee colors, maybe some lightning bolts too. I saw Hannah race when I was a kid and left a lasting impression. There's still some anniversary graphics kits available on the aftermarket. I played around at decalmx too and got it looking pretty good.

Nice! I'm lusting after a YZ with anniversary/bumble bee colors, maybe some lightning bolts too. I saw Hannah race when I was a kid and left a lasting impression. There's still some anniversary graphics kits available on the aftermarket. I played around at decalmx too and got it looking pretty good.

Sick man!! When you finish it send over some pics if you decide to go yellow!

Who did your seat cover? I’ve been dying to do a build like yours and trick my bike out with the sweet carbon fiber. I played around on MotoSeat and got a sweet looking cover that matches the pattern of the black and white stripes. 

Hopefully next winter after I’m done amassing parts haha

Who did your seat cover? I’ve been dying to do a build like yours and trick my bike out with the sweet carbon fiber. I played around on MotoSeat and got a sweet looking cover that matches the pattern of the black and white stripes. 
Hopefully next winter after I’m done amassing parts haha

Here's the link for the seat cover https://m.ebay.com/itm/New-NEON-YELLOW-YAMAHA-Ribbed-Seat-cover-YZ125-YZ250-2002-2017/122514316929?epid=24006581935&hash=item1c866c1e81:g:9wEAAOSw4GVYM81I
On 1/27/2018 at 6:24 PM, Yz.250 said:

IMG_0132.thumb.jpg.26e9121deb2423a3ad64ac7e097dbad8.jpg Been a good project, just waiting for my reeds then she's ready to rip.

Motor was ported by Derek Harris of HP racing. I'll be doing a report on that soon.

WOW, beautiful !! We need more pictures... Great job !!

I like !

You did a nice job !

WOW, beautiful !! We need more pictures... Great job !!

IMG_0197.jpgIMG_0131.jpg

here's a few more