C rider bought a pro’s bike

So I bought a bike off a local pro like a year and a half ago and I keep putting off sending it to the suspension shop. Me and the guy I bought it from were both 140 pounds so the sag should be right. Do you think I need to send it to a shop or can I do some stuff myself? I messed with the clickers a little bit (out a few on comp) and changed fork height a little to try to get it to turn better. Not entirely sure what to do, it was done by mpr race tech for the pro. Bike is a 2013 250xc

As far as external clicker, sag adjustments and fork oil level it is no different than any other bike.  Have you exhausted all the adj possibilities?

Have not messed with fork oil. I don’t really know what I’m doing setting up suspension, by the way which way on the rebound slows it? Because I’m not a great suspension setter I’m not sure if it’ll be really worth it to send it out. What’s an average valving price for fork and shock?

In my opinion, your suspension setup is one of the best, if not THE best, mods for your bike. It can make all the difference in the world! A revalve will probably run a couple hundred bucks, but don't quote me on that. Mine usually run $250, done by Airemx.

This article might be helpful: https://www.pinitmx.com/blog/suspension-for-your-dirt-bike

The infographic at the end of the article has good info on clicker adjustments.

• Like 1

Go to the VERY FIRST thread in this forum. The basics are not brain surgery, read that info several times and it will make sense to you. Google is your friend also, lots of good youtube info. You can save your self tons of $$$ by doing things yourself. If you really don't understand what is wrong or what you want fixed you cannot communicate to a "tuner" what changes are needed. Read/study that thread and make some changes and test test test to see what happens, you cannot hurt anything. Good luck.

• Like 1