Best single track trails west virginia?

Hi,

We are heading to west virginia in april to ride our dirtbikes and was wondering were are the best places to go ride for 4 days? Also to be able to rent a place in the area too?

Hatfield mccoy trails . They all have outlaw trails that interconnect with them . The outlaw trails are not shown on HMT maps . The best three are in order of greatness ....
#1 buffalo mountain . It has some insane singletrack.
#2 rockhouse . It is big and earns its name . Good singletrack .
#3 bearwallow . Its ok .
Trails are pretty much unaffected by weather . Steep and ROCK. They all have town access so you can fuel and eat lunch .
The other ones are domain of 4 wheeled bunch , and , i think they suck .
There is quite possibly the finest singletrack on the planet in kanawha and boone counties . It is kept off the internet for obvious reasons . Kanawha county has the valhalla of dirtbikedom in the deep recesses of the county .
My best advice is to find local riders and hook up with them . There is no better than what we have .

• Like 2

Thanks alot for the detailed response. At least now I have some areas to look at and to choose our spot. 

We are just week end riders and do the odd enduro. Ride 1-2 a week. What trails would you recommend  for us out of the ones listed?

On 1/29/2018 at 6:55 PM, ohiocoalminer said:

Hatfield mccoy trails . They all have outlaw trails that interconnect with them . The outlaw trails are not shown on HMT maps . The best three are in order of greatness ....
#1 buffalo mountain . It has some insane singletrack.
#2 rockhouse . It is big and earns its name . Good singletrack .
#3 bearwallow . Its ok .
Trails are pretty much unaffected by weather . Steep and ROCK. They all have town access so you can fuel and eat lunch .
The other ones are domain of 4 wheeled bunch , and , i think they suck .
There is quite possibly the finest singletrack on the planet in kanawha and boone counties . It is kept off the internet for obvious reasons . Kanawha county has the valhalla of dirtbikedom in the deep recesses of the county .
My best advice is to find local riders and hook up with them . There is no better than what we have .

Ok, this intrigues me. Any chance you can point me in right direction of a contact in Kanawha/Boone area? Forum? Site? Anything?

Thanks

I ride single trac at Buffalo mountain trail system and added 5 miles to it last year . I have route layed that is around 40 miles long out and back. It covers almost all the single trac buffalo has and very little double trac riding . I aslo have a lodge and rent sxs and motorcycles should breakdown while here. Check out www.TrailblazersOutfitters.com 

• Like 1

Ok, this intrigues me. Any chance you can point me in right direction of a contact in Kanawha/Boone area? Forum? Site? Anything?

Thanks

No forum . Kanawha county is well guarded and guys wanna keep it that way .
Boone county . The old little coal river trail and lvy branch are no longer under HMT rule . They are both outlaw now . Lotta great riding there . A gps with tracking is recommended .
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, ohiocoalminer said:

Boone county . The old little coal river trail and lvy branch are no longer under HMT rule . They are both outlaw now . Lotta great riding there . A gps with tracking is recommended .

Thanks OCM! I appreciate the info and just as importantly the "guarded" mentality. I lived in TN and one of the OHV places there is super, super secrative to where the good stuff is. The masses screw it up for all for sure. Again, appreciate it.

1 hour ago, ohiocoalminer said:

Any recommendations on a GPS/Tracker unit?

22 hours ago, crankee said:

Any recommendations on a GPS/Tracker unit?

Any old used android that is waterproof + locus maps + a $12 silicon bicycle mount from amazon. 

9 minutes ago, ohgood said:

Any old used android that is waterproof + locus maps + a $12 silicon bicycle mount from amazon. 

Thanks

• Like 1

Mount Wood Park in Parkersburg WV offers great atv and dirt bike trails. Hatfield McCoy is also excellent!