Hi all,

Looking to upgrading my 2011 crf250r for a 450, I've been riding for years now and want something bigger for mx. I'm mainly looking at honda's but I'm stuck. I can pick up a 2008 crf450r for about 2 grand or a 2010 for 3500. Which would be more reliable, or should I be looking for something newer

Thanks

It comes down to condition and hours used on the motor. The 08 crf450 was said to be an excellent bike don't know about the 10. Find the best condition newest bike in your budget that's my advice. Any used bike will be a gamble.

On 2018-01-28 at 1:29 AM, DirtRider250x said:

Hi all,

Looking to upgrading my 2011 crf250r for a 450, I've been riding for years now and want something bigger for mx. I'm mainly looking at honda's but I'm stuck. I can pick up a 2008 crf450r for about 2 grand or a 2010 for 3500. Which would be more reliable, or should I be looking for something newer

Thanks

I agree with Green about the condition of the specific bike but if both are in equal condition I’d take the 10 because it’s EFI. Once the 10 has proper suspension set up it’s a solid bike. Carbs aren’t that great to deal with once EFI came along.