Anyone remove just smog on 2012 KLX250S?

So I have done all the carb mods, drilling, jetting, remove air lid, better filter etc. The only part of the mod I did not do is remove the smog parts.

Has anyone removed JUST the smog parts with no other mods, if so what did you notice? My bike runs fine, actually really good from the 5300ft where I live to 12000ft where I ride a bit.

I never did drill the start jet, so I am contemplating that, my bikes starts good but could be better when it sits. I thought if I take it all apart to drill the jet, I might as well take the smog off.

Just curious if anyone has only removed the smog and seen results or not really. 2012 KLX250S. 

103_0376.JPG

All it will do removing the air injection is help stop the decel poping. Since you are rejeted without the injection will have no pop and cooler header pipe. No performance improvement but sounds nice.

Edited by S10gto
  • Like 1

On 1/28/2018 at 5:11 PM, S10gto said:

All it will do removing the air injection is help stop the decel poping. Since you are rejeted without the injection will have no pop and cooler header pipe. No performance improvement but sounds nice.

That is pretty much what I thought when I did the mods, so I left it on, plus it was still under warranty. Will probably take it off anyway. Thanks.