Pro Circuit silencer mated to FMF head pipe

I've tried searching and didn't seem to come up with any answers.

I'm wondering if a Pro Circuit silencer will mate to a FMF Fatty head pipe?  I'm considering the Pro Circuit Nature Friendly silencer.

Like everyone I'm on  a budget. Problem is I have a 93 Rm250 and I need a spark arrestor. I have a Gold series head pipe and Power Core silencer and they don't seem to make spark arrestor kit for this.

I didnt come up with any results when I searched for an FMF silencer that would work on their website. 

What are others doing for Spark Arrestors?  I had a KX 250 in the past with the opposite setup where I ran a Pro Circuit head pipe and a FMF silencer.

Thanks in advance

Edited by Keith McKalister
Wrong info

I had a 2003 rm250 and it had a PC pipe with a fmf silencer . It should work I would think. 

Any combination of FMF, PC and OEM will bolt up to one another as long as you have the correct year.

FYI:  A couple years ago I rebuilt a '94 RMX250, FMF no longer makes spark arrestor silencers for the newer generation RMX and PC didn't offer one either.  Oddly enough they still offered one for a '90 RMX (strange).  So, my solution was to get one for a '90 RMX and then modify it to fit the '94 RMX.  The difference is that the pipe that connects to the stinger on the '90 RMX's silencer is shorter than the one's on the later RMX's.  Don't remember how much I used but I cut "about" 6" off another FMF silencer and added that to the brand new '90 RMX silencer which then bolted up to the '94 RMX, just like FMF would have designed originally.

Thanks for the info. I thought it would work but wanted some verification before pulling the trigger on a silencer.  PC has the nature friendly silencer I need but I was also considering the FMF universal one. 

I have a 92 RMX250 with an FMF Fatty and the PC nature friendly bolted up. No cutting was required but it sits about 1/3 inch wide at the last mounting bolt. I fabricated a little spacer and used a longer bolt to avoid any strain on the other mounting hardware further up the pipe. I’ve run it for 2 years and have been very happy with the setup and performance. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By knotduke08
      I know this topic has been discussed in the past, but I have not found any options available for the new 2018 bikes. I live and work for a new Beta Dealer (Auburn Extreme Powersports) in California, and we are having a difficult time mapping the RR-S bikes for full FMF exhausts. We have tried contacting Beta Support several times for this issue to no avail, and we typically are given the runaround when transferring to techs and secretaries. From what we can gather, the FMF flash is designed for the RR bikes, but not the street-legal counterparts. Every time we try to install the FMF map onto an RR-S errors occur, and the programmer screen goes virtually blank. We have heard through the grapevine that some are using the RR maps on the RR-S with success, but we have yet to try it, even on our own bikes for fear that it will permanently erase or damage the CDI. Any and all help or suggestions regarding this topic would surely be appreciated! Thanks, Ben.
    • By Christo6060
      Should I buy this bike my uncle just sold one and said in good condition they’re worth from $600 to $1200 and if I could get it for $300 it would be a good deal.

• By husky159
      I have the following to sell...
      215 grip studs with the insert tool. Only 2 rides on them. $70 + shipping 
      Stock 17’ 300xc silencer with enduro engineering spark arrestor. (Small dent, a few scratches) $70+shipping 
      hyde skid plate for 17’ 300xc in good shape just your normal scratches. $60+shipping
      mikuni 40mm carb with 2-3 rides on it. Includes throttle cable/ tube. Also extra jets and such. $175+shipping
      feel free to ask for more photos
    • By Michael570
      Can anyone link me some aftermarket shocks and such. Im looking for racing shocks and I can't find any. Also I'm looking for a frame cradle for my bike. It's a 2017 but I don't think that matters. 
    • By Markl5557
      I am currently running 10w 40 Belray non synthetic and I want to switch to full synthetic amsoil .... is it ok to switch from regular to synthetic? I have read it’s not safe to go from synthetic to regular can someone explain if it’s safe to go from regular to synthetic!? Thanks !