lighten clutch

It’s amazing what a new cable and small dab of grease on the lever bolt can do. I have had moderate success lubing clutch cables too. If the cable isn’t frayed try some light spray lube. I use Bel-Ray 6n1 with a cable luber I have had in my tool box for the last 30 years. 

• Like 1

yeah but the crf450r are renown for a hard clutch pull

• Like 1

Keefer talks about a works connection perch and the ride engineering cable bracket. Hinson also make the cable bracket. I have no experience with either. Maybe hydraulic?

I have ARC levers. With these i am able to fix the lever closer to the grips. Feels better to me. My full honest opinion, its not bad anyway...new bikes have made us soft lol

• Like 1

Keefer talks about a works connection perch and the ride engineering cable bracket. Hinson also make the cable bracket. I have no experience with either. Maybe hydraulic?

I have ARC levers. With these i am able to fix the lever closer to the grips. Feels better to me. My full honest opinion, its not bad anyway...new bikes have made us soft lol

thanks. i will have a look into this. i have seen about putting two millimetres of washers on my clutch spring bolts to soften the springs but i don’t wanna try this without some expert advice first

8 minutes ago, shadowl3555 said:

thanks. i will have a look into this. i have seen about putting two millimetres of washers on my clutch spring bolts to soften the springs but i don’t wanna try this without some expert advice first

That’s an old trick to give the clutch better bite when it’s worn. If anything that will make it stiffer. Part of the problem on the 09-12 is the cable is routed under the exhaust. The heat causes it to bind. All the more reason to lube or replace it.

i have already replaced with a featherlight cable and lubed it but i still need two fingers on it. three after riding a long technical part of my enduro

Have you tried moving the perch in a little bit? Closer to the center of the bars if that makes any sense? That will put your fingers toward the end of the lever a tad more.

Edited by NickC18
  • Like 2