fuel mileage on '2016 KTM 250XCW

Was curious as to what kind of mileage people are getting with this year bike. Tank is 2.6 gallon stock. I think I get about roughly 25 miles to the gallon, depending if it is tight single track or more open stuff.

Little Jeff

I'm getting 32 mpg on my 2014. Using Suzuki needle and as close to lean as safe. Mostly tight single track at light throttle. 

I think a modern 2T can get as good as MPG as a 4T but you have to be close to lean and be ready to rejet at major temp or altitude changes. Takes more work. Most guys I ride with are jetted too fat with lots of smoke and spooge. They never rejet for conditions. 

Depends on the terrain.  My 16 250w got better then my 300w.  Mixed terrains at race pace had me at 25 mpg at 1k-4k elevations.  Poking along would certainly be easier on the mileage.

Have fun with your 16, I really miss mine.

I think if I could get out of second more and into third gear, I think I could get better. I'm pretty sure my float level is set correctly. Watched a few vids on youtube on how to do it with the Kheins. So I think if I ride a gear higher when I can, I could get 60-70 miles out of the stock tank. Problem is, most of the stuff I ride is main second gear stuff, sometimes 3rd or 4th if it opens up.

Thanks for the respones

Little Jeff

On 1/28/2018 at 4:08 PM, Little Jeff said:

Was curious as to what kind of mileage people are getting with this year bike. Tank is 2.6 gallon stock. I think I get about roughly 25 miles to the gallon, depending if it is tight single track or more open stuff.

Little Jeff

I'm getting anywhere from 25-30mpg on my 17 250xc with the mikuni. Carb has the JD kit and runs very clean.The rides where I stop more and wait the milage is on the low side like 25mpg . If I just ride solo or racing it's closer to 30. Since we ride on the same trails 25mpg is in the ballpark. To give you perspective my efi 16 250xcf only bests 30mpg. So a properly jetted 2st is very close to the 4st.