Tail bag and rack

Been looking into the Enduristan base pack bag but was wondering what bags you all run or like best to use. Also can decide on a rack to to just mount the pack straight to the rear fender. 

suzuki rack and expandable bag

rack is frame color powder coat makes a great grab point

bag fits rack perfect and is easile removable to take w plus it expands from ~5" thick to ~12" thick big enough to carry groceries!!

full disclosure i have this set up for sale in the classifieds

Here is my set up. Ogio tail bag and my own built rack. Bag is great, has rain fly and lots of room, also fits my rack perfect. Here's one I did up in Blue powder coat for a members 2017 Supermoto. Rack and bag all for less than 200

IMG_8512.JPG

IMG_7465.JPG

IMG_9485.JPG

Edited by mousie
  • Like 4

I like both of your guys racks. I unfortunatly have no welding skills. I found a rack I really like by Moto racks but site says the owner is down and out right now so not taking orders for them. I like the racks that attach under the fender to sub frame vs under the seat. Definitely decided on the Enduristan bag just got to decide on rack or no rack now. 

• Like 1

I like both of your guys racks. I unfortunatly have no welding skills. I found a rack I really like by Moto racks but site says the owner is down and out right now so not taking orders for them. I like the racks that attach under the fender to sub frame vs under the seat. Definitely decided on the Enduristan bag just got to decide on rack or no rack now. 

Also if I mount the bag directly to the fender you guys think big fender washers on the underside of the plastic would be ok or should I try and brace to subframe some how?

Edited by Xtrail

I have three black ones in stock. PM me if your interested.

• Like 1

I do like your rack mousie but could you modify it to bolt we’re the stock tool bag was and under the fender sub frame instead of under the seat and under the fender?

Sorry , these are all made up in a jig for perfect fit. This style mount is way sturdier than mounting to the fender bolts. It takes less than five minutes to install or remove.

IMG_8598.JPG

• Like 1

I sell them for $125.00 plus the shipping cost usually around $13.00. Rack will come with mounting hardware.

Also if I mount the bag directly to the fender you guys think big fender washers on the underside of the plastic would be ok or should I try and brace to subframe some how?

For sure. Didn't put any on my YZ once. Let my buddy ride it, hit a tree so hard, the bag flew off! Yeah...

• Like 1

What sort of weight can you load on the sub frame as I have heard that they are not that strong. I should add that I have the 400E.

I use a PMR rack that I got off EBay.  It’s very sturdy and high quality and they are based out of San Diego.  It is very versatile with different mount options...

It bolts to the seat bolts and subframe.  It also works perfectly with my Givi Monolock top Case!...

AF211043-D9D7-4A86-969F-1D37FBB7E35E.jpeg

71F9DF4A-FCBA-4B30-A017-8C032C268479.jpeg

I have the long tube rack and the Ogio bag.  I had more clothes on this morning when I rode in to get my seat built.  I like the expanding capability of the bag so you can cram more crap in it.  Haven't used the rain fly but that is a nice feature.

IMG_1916.JPG

on a bag setup it depends on what your doing really theres 100 ways to go .. i commute and need to carry stuff every day and have come to detest flimsey limp bags, ive tried quite a few and tossed every one of them after awhile, i like a stiff bag that holds its shape but dont really like the big egg-shaped hard bags either .. so what ive settled on as about the best setup 'for me' is a wide styled moose racing rack and an ironrider overnight bag which fits the rack top about perfectly .. but you kindof need a rack, it makes tying things on much more secure .. you need 4+ flat style bungies with plastic ends also to tie on even more stuff, since the bag i use is stiff and square its easy to just strap more on top ..