Jump to content

Can’t ride because of the weather and bored?

Recommended Posts

I live in the PNW and this week we have had enough rain to last 6 months. I just picked up a very low hour 2011 CRF and have been going through the bike methodically changing fluids, greasing, and lubing getting it ready for the season. If you’re bored I suggest you do the same thing. If you haven’t greased your bikes linkage and steering head that will take the better part of an afternoon. Might was well do the forks while they’re off. How about putting anti-seize on the chain adjuster bolts? Having one of those stuck in the swing arm will ruin your day. If you’ve been neglecting maintenance I suggest you get on it. Spring is coming my friends!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't ride because its too hot at the mo - 38 degrees Celsius - 100 Farenheit :cry:

Oh and because of this - rebuilding my main ride - yes its in the lounge  :D (Lounge - Living Room)  :D

021.JPG.d07cc9227dd13c0e0bdb6ec8ccda1386.JPG

Edited by S.O.A.N.Z
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you are really bored go to the Beta forums and make a post about how heavy and poorly suspended Betas are. Sit back, hold on!

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
If you are really bored go to the Beta forums and make a post about how heavy and poorly suspended Betas are. Sit back, hold on!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, S.O.A.N.Z said:

Can't ride because its too hot at the mo - 38 degrees Celsius - 100 Farenheit :cry:

Oh and because of this - rebuilding my main ride - yes its in the lounge  :D (Lounge - Living Room)  :D

021.JPG.d07cc9227dd13c0e0bdb6ec8ccda1386.JPG

Don't tell me your season ends when it hits 100 deg. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, S.O.A.N.Z said:

Can't ride because its too hot at the mo - 38 degrees Celsius - 100 Farenheit :cry:

Oh and because of this - rebuilding my main ride - yes its in the lounge  :D (Lounge - Living Room)  :D

021.JPG.d07cc9227dd13c0e0bdb6ec8ccda1386.JPG

gonna be nice. 100 deg... aint nothin, giter done and go riding

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mxsteve1968 said:

gonna be nice. 100 deg... aint nothin, giter done and go riding

waiting on my valve seats to be cut - been 7 weeks now in the shop - starting to get a bit pissed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ehall said:

Don't tell me your season ends when it hits 100 deg. 

yep too hot to ride here in Oz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Dklassen said:

I live in the PNW and this week we have had enough rain to last 6 months. I just picked up a very low hour 2011 CRF and have been going through the bike methodically changing fluids, greasing, and lubing getting it ready for the season. If you’re bored I suggest you do the same thing. If you haven’t greased your bikes linkage and steering head that will take the better part of an afternoon. Might was well do the forks while they’re off. How about putting anti-seize on the chain adjuster bolts? Having one of those stuck in the swing arm will ruin your day. If you’ve been neglecting maintenance I suggest you get on it. Spring is coming my friends!

Ya dude I'm bored stupid and I've gotten a ton of snow between Xmas and New Years and wasn't motivated to put on the studded tires. Finally rebuilt my wheel bearings (did the full suspension last winter and forks) and I've got the steering bearings and at this rate might actually get around to doing them shortly.

At least is been mild and thank the GODS no snow but I'm in a rain fall warning right now and we must have gotten 100MM plus Sat/Sun/Mon and looks like the local rivers have risen 5 to 10 feet.

Most of the snow is now gone, least its not snowing and my lawn is now super green :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh man, I love the heat and would gladly ride in it. 

Today was warm in Utah (mid 50s). But that’s a bit cold to ride for me. 

I’ll take 100 any time over this cold crud. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, LRB said:

Oh man, I love the heat and would gladly ride in it. 

Today was warm in Utah (mid 50s). But that’s a bit cold to ride for me. 

I’ll take 100 any time over this cold crud. 

Really?? Mid 50's too cold? sheesh. That is pretty much perfect temperature because you are neither sweating your ass off or freezing into an ice cube.

 

Joe

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OMG I have seen blue sky for the first time in weeks.  :crazy:

Forecast is still calling for another straight week of rain before there is any hope of it clearing up enough to make it worthwhile for riding.  :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CDNSXV said:

OMG I have seen blue sky for the first time in weeks.  :crazy:

Forecast is still calling for another straight week of rain before there is any hope of it clearing up enough to make it worthwhile for riding.  :rolleyes:

I grew up riding on the Pac NW. Rain was great b/c it kept a lot of riders off the trails and no dust. Gortex pant & jacket, snow seal the boots and ride! Riding is always worthwhile! Just have to have the right attitude and most of all, the right gear. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, LRB said:

Oh man, I love the heat and would gladly ride in it. 

Today was warm in Utah (mid 50s). But that’s a bit cold to ride for me. 

I’ll take 100 any time over this cold crud. 

C'mon down here in the summer. 95ish + humidity. You'll be plenty toasty (and soakin' wet!) I bet I lose 2lbs. after each summer ride.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Winter in the Sierra's...it snowed here last week and now we're supposed to get sunny weather in the 60's for the next 2 weeks...and I happen to be on vacation from work the next 2 weeks.:banana:

 

Edited by Sierra_rider

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't understand I live in the PNW too and was able to ride this weekend. We got all that rain too. If you want to ride you will ride

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, YHGEORGE said:

If you are really bored go to the Beta forums and make a post about how heavy and poorly suspended Betas are. Sit back, hold on!

 

There is pretty much one guy that causes all the problems on that forum...it's the same one I was calling out on his "interesting" suspension theories on the '18 300 thread. I finally realized that he doesn't even have the slightest idea how suspension works and refuses to even knowledge the thought that he may be wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, trailmeisterjoe said:

Really?? Mid 50's too cold? sheesh. That is pretty much perfect temperature because you are neither sweating your ass off or freezing into an ice cube.

 

Joe

Out here that means there is still wind blowing which makes it feel like high 30s to low 40s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like to ride where it’s so hot that snakes hide in the shadow of my bike to cool off 😎

 

But it’s a DRY heat as opposed to Bryan’s Florida humidity. Dunno how I would do in that stuff.

C5C4178E-0CB9-4FA7-A45E-879EDB0DC34C.thumb.png.0ff69a84b3f5b97434ca50fba8ad185e.png

 

Edited by LRB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:


×