Can’t ride because of the weather and bored?

I live in the PNW and this week we have had enough rain to last 6 months. I just picked up a very low hour 2011 CRF and have been going through the bike methodically changing fluids, greasing, and lubing getting it ready for the season. If you’re bored I suggest you do the same thing. If you haven’t greased your bikes linkage and steering head that will take the better part of an afternoon. Might was well do the forks while they’re off. How about putting anti-seize on the chain adjuster bolts? Having one of those stuck in the swing arm will ruin your day. If you’ve been neglecting maintenance I suggest you get on it. Spring is coming my friends!

• Like 4

19 hours ago, S.O.A.N.Z said:

Can't ride because its too hot at the mo - 38 degrees Celsius - 100 Farenheit ?

Oh and because of this - rebuilding my main ride - yes its in the lounge  :D (Lounge - Living Room)  :D

021.JPG.d07cc9227dd13c0e0bdb6ec8ccda1386.JPG

Don't tell me your season ends when it hits 100 deg. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, S.O.A.N.Z said:

Can't ride because its too hot at the mo - 38 degrees Celsius - 100 Farenheit ?

Oh and because of this - rebuilding my main ride - yes its in the lounge  :D (Lounge - Living Room)  :D

021.JPG.d07cc9227dd13c0e0bdb6ec8ccda1386.JPG

gonna be nice. 100 deg... aint nothin, giter done and go riding

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Dklassen said:

I live in the PNW and this week we have had enough rain to last 6 months. I just picked up a very low hour 2011 CRF and have been going through the bike methodically changing fluids, greasing, and lubing getting it ready for the season. If you’re bored I suggest you do the same thing. If you haven’t greased your bikes linkage and steering head that will take the better part of an afternoon. Might was well do the forks while they’re off. How about putting anti-seize on the chain adjuster bolts? Having one of those stuck in the swing arm will ruin your day. If you’ve been neglecting maintenance I suggest you get on it. Spring is coming my friends!

Ya dude I'm bored stupid and I've gotten a ton of snow between Xmas and New Years and wasn't motivated to put on the studded tires. Finally rebuilt my wheel bearings (did the full suspension last winter and forks) and I've got the steering bearings and at this rate might actually get around to doing them shortly.

At least is been mild and thank the GODS no snow but I'm in a rain fall warning right now and we must have gotten 100MM plus Sat/Sun/Mon and looks like the local rivers have risen 5 to 10 feet.

Most of the snow is now gone, least its not snowing and my lawn is now super green ?

13 hours ago, LRB said:

Oh man, I love the heat and would gladly ride in it. 

Today was warm in Utah (mid 50s). But that’s a bit cold to ride for me. 

I’ll take 100 any time over this cold crud. 

Really?? Mid 50's too cold? sheesh. That is pretty much perfect temperature because you are neither sweating your ass off or freezing into an ice cube.

Joe

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, CDNSXV said:

OMG I have seen blue sky for the first time in weeks.  :crazy:

Forecast is still calling for another straight week of rain before there is any hope of it clearing up enough to make it worthwhile for riding.  ?

I grew up riding on the Pac NW. Rain was great b/c it kept a lot of riders off the trails and no dust. Gortex pant & jacket, snow seal the boots and ride! Riding is always worthwhile! Just have to have the right attitude and most of all, the right gear. :)

15 hours ago, LRB said:

Oh man, I love the heat and would gladly ride in it. 

Today was warm in Utah (mid 50s). But that’s a bit cold to ride for me. 

I’ll take 100 any time over this cold crud. 

C'mon down here in the summer. 95ish + humidity. You'll be plenty toasty (and soakin' wet!) I bet I lose 2lbs. after each summer ride.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, YHGEORGE said:

If you are really bored go to the Beta forums and make a post about how heavy and poorly suspended Betas are. Sit back, hold on!

There is pretty much one guy that causes all the problems on that forum...it's the same one I was calling out on his "interesting" suspension theories on the '18 300 thread. I finally realized that he doesn't even have the slightest idea how suspension works and refuses to even knowledge the thought that he may be wrong.

3 hours ago, trailmeisterjoe said:

Really?? Mid 50's too cold? sheesh. That is pretty much perfect temperature because you are neither sweating your ass off or freezing into an ice cube.

Joe

Out here that means there is still wind blowing which makes it feel like high 30s to low 40s

I like to ride where it’s so hot that snakes hide in the shadow of my bike to cool off ?

But it’s a DRY heat as opposed to Bryan’s Florida humidity. Dunno how I would do in that stuff.

C5C4178E-0CB9-4FA7-A45E-879EDB0DC34C.thumb.png.0ff69a84b3f5b97434ca50fba8ad185e.png

Edited by LRB