Which year 450f?

Hi everyone, I just bought a 140 for my daughter and am looking for a used 450. I haven't been up to date on bikes for a long time and am wondering what years (if any) I should avoid. I am looking for a fuel injection model 09 and newer I believe. Thanks for any info.

Get the newest you can afford. They are basically bullet proof. '13-14 had kyb airforks, 15-18 have showa airforks. Air forks in general are more difficult to set up than spring forks, but for just getting back to the sport will work fine. 

The 16-up bikes are all new chassis and handle better. But all the FI bikes were really good for their era. 

• Like 1

i have a 2011 bike which i really enjoy riding but the only problem with it is the clutch is a little heavy

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shadowl3555 said:

i have a 2011 bike which i really enjoy riding but the only problem with it is the clutch is a little heavy

Can try to lube the cable or install a new cable. 

The clutch is the same for all years but there may be some differences in the actuator arm leverage or bracket. 

But it's a 450, the clutch actuation is not going to be feather light!  :-)

• Like 3

2012 kx450f was one of the best years. Had spring fork and a ton of power.

• Like 1

Find a lightly used 2012! No air forks and best motor!! Low maintenance. Air forks need lots of attention and constant maintenance.