is service manual available online for 500 exc 2017+ models?

or I have to buy it? digital copy is fine .

thanks

so I have to buy it, no free version

Please be aware I bought the digital copy from RMATV for 25 dollars but it was nearly useless the way I wanted to use it. I thought I could load it up and save it as a PDF to use on an Ipad or Iphone however it is locked down via DRM (digital rights management). You can only run it with the CD installed into your computer or print pages you need. Its over 400pages and would cost a ton to bring to staples for a print job.  I was eventually able to crack it and convert to a searchable PDF but it took hours to set it up.

Stevethe, was it the 2017 cd copy? The thread request was for the 2017 ktm 500 exc and that manual is 459 pages. Previous editions were not locked down like this one. 

59 minutes ago, rockremoval said:

Stevethe, was it the 2017 cd copy? The thread request was for the 2017 ktm 500 exc and that manual is 459 pages. Previous editions were not locked down like this one. 

Yes it was 17 & 18 are the same. It might have been more pages like you said. 

Yep 17 & 18 are the same. I wish they mentioned that the cd was drm protected. The only computer I have with a disc drive is a desktop. All my other computers are Mac and they did away with cd drives years ago. Printing pages would have been annoying unless you printed the whole thing and bound it.  I was finally able to find a free program that allowed me to create a pdf file and now I keep the manual on my iPhone for easy access. I also used adobe acrobat and made it searchable. I added links to the entire table of contents as well. What a PIA. 

5 hours ago, rockremoval said:

Please be aware I bought the digital copy from RMATV for 25 dollars but it was nearly useless the way I wanted to use it. I thought I could load it up and save it as a PDF to use on an Ipad or Iphone however it is locked down via DRM (digital rights management). You can only run it with the CD installed into your computer or print pages you need. Its over 400pages and would cost a ton to bring to staples for a print job.  I was eventually able to crack it and convert to a searchable PDF but it took hours to set it up.

Not sure if the 2017 Husky service manual is from the same CD manufacturer, but I bought the OEM manual on CD and was able to save it as a PDF file.  I recall struggling at first but ultimately found a way to do it. 

Well here it is. I bought the CD from RMATV. I was only able to print about 100 pages at a time. Looks like 382 pages. Notebook is from a office supply and I used their hole puncher. 

D112FC98-3B13-4363-86A2-7AEB3D38B973.jpeg

F6C677E4-D38A-44CE-938A-725861C64168.jpeg

03ECA7A5-3B6B-427A-B11A-CDB27BD4E2D3.jpeg

65D06920-1B68-4D05-B361-A3221BB90CE1.jpeg

Or leave it on CD & use a portable laptop when working on the bikes