Foot peg anti vibe

Before i even begin, I know that I ride a 400cc single cylinder dirt bike and it's gonna be a little buzzy, and vibrate a bit. I commute daily, 45-55mph roads geared 15/45. 50/50 tires.

With that in mind, the only thing I find a little annoying is the foot pegs. My seat and grips are nice and comfy, but my feet are always buzzing. My footpegs are the moose racing wide style peg.

Has anyone taken any steps to minimize this? Foot peg isolators? Rubber inserts?

Thanks!

40 minutes ago, HansLanda said:

Stock pegs have rubber pads.

Depends on the model. I've  2 x E's without rubber (and wide) and 1 x SM with rubber and narrow .  The narrow rubber fill jobs are now residing in the spare parts bin.  I like wide and stable! Foot pegs are one of those very personal items.

20171221_195628884_iOS.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ohiodrz400sm said:

I've never noticed any buzzing. Compared to my 2 stroke Beta it is as smooth as silk. Have you checked the engine mounts lately?

I'll check them.  It's cold and wet here lately so I have tons of time.   

It's not unbearable but it's the first thing I notice.  

I'm just changing my gearing to 15/41 for a little less rpm at speed, maybe that'll help. During my commute I barely get out of third so my rpms are always a bit high.   Maybe that's what's doing it. 

Also I don't have a tach so I have no accurate idea what my rpms are at. 

Thanks for the thoughts

20 minutes ago, bucket list said:

Your engine doesn't have a smooth rpm range?
Mine is 5,700 - 6,000 rpm, so i gear mine higher to cruise in that range.