95 octane gas WR250F?

The service manual for my 2009 WR250F specifies 95 octane gas. All of the pumps around me stop at 93 octane. A local dealer sells a bunch of different types of canned race gas but none of the damn things say what octane they are---just some model number. So, how is 95 octane gas sold? Do I need to keep looking for a gas station with a pump or is it available in the can? Or is Yamaha just making up "95"?

FYI, I always just used pump 93 for my air-cooled XRs and DRs. This stuff is new to me. 

You can run 93 Octane. 

6 hours ago, TY REX said:

The service manual for my 2009 WR250F specifies 95 octane gas. All of the pumps around me stop at 93 octane. A local dealer sells a bunch of different types of canned race gas but none of the damn things say what octane they are---just some model number. So, how is 95 octane gas sold? Do I need to keep looking for a gas station with a pump or is it available in the can? Or is Yamaha just making up "95"?

FYI, I always just used pump 93 for my air-cooled XRs and DRs. This stuff is new to me. 

Are u sure its stating US spec? In EU we have 95 and 98 octane. But its the same as your 91 and 93 octane i belive.

Here is what it says, and I'm pretty sure that it's the US manual:

Recommended fuel:
Premium unleaded
gasoline only with a re-
search octane number
of 95 or higher

They don’t use research octane number in North America, we use anti knock index or (R+M)/2. Anti knock numbers are typically 4-6 lower than RON numbers. Run 91 or 93 and your engine won’t knock, and you’ll be fine.

Yep as others have mentioned,

the service manual states RON octane ratings which is common worldwide

but in north america the R+M/2 method is used.

95 RON = 91 R+M/2 

so you're fine using pump premium of 91 octane and over.

Man, thanks for explaining.