2017 crf450r electric start

any one do the electric start kit on the 17? i see two different part numbers for it

08Z70-MKE-A00 and 08Z71-MKE-A00?

does the kit 08z71 come with the harness any everything else or do you have to buy both?

I believe the 71 is the kit, harness, cam decompressor, and gear needed for the electric start..

—not included and has to be bought separate battery and the plug if you remove the kick starter—

plug 11332-HP1-601

Edited by Mxer59
  • Like 1

70 I think is just a harness nothing else 

Here’s a picture I found showing what’s in the 71 kit 

B203166A-7EBC-4A5C-A6DF-ABF6E55C3FE8.png

A6D7A362-F54A-47CC-8EAF-998DBD435A16.png

When I ordered and installed the kit in the 17 the kit did not come with the harness. That was approx 1 year ago. I just looked at a dealers online parts site and it does not look like anything has changed.

REF#PART#REQ  RETAIL  YOUR PRICE

001ELECTRIC START KIT  (WIRE HARNESS 08Z70-MKE-A00 REQ"D WITH SELF STARTER KIT)
08Z71-MKE-A00 $529.95$433.12

44 minutes ago, mrmoto35 said:

When I ordered and installed the kit in the 17 the kit did not come with the harness. That was approx 1 year ago. I just looked at a dealers online parts site and it does not look like anything has changed.

REF#PART#REQ  RETAIL  YOUR PRICE

001ELECTRIC START KIT  (WIRE HARNESS 08Z70-MKE-A00 REQ"D WITH SELF STARTER KIT)
08Z71-MKE-A00 $529.95$433.12

i called 3 different part "super stores" and non of them could tell me if it comes with the harness or not. but the last place i called they said it doesnt! so now i have to go back and get the harness still....

And if you decide to delete the kickstarter, the plug for the hole is also sold separately

If it is not to late, check pricing here with Huntington Beach Honda, they have some of the best pricing online

http://shop.hbhonda.com/fiche_section_detail.asp?section=9769208&category=Motorcycles&make=Honda&year=2017&fveh=323701

Edited by mrmoto35
  • Like 1

eBay has the whole setup for 4 something minus batt and plug

I ended up getting the set-up for 325 without the battery n harness. So have to check and get the harness and battery now

• Like 1

On 1/30/2018 at 9:15 PM, mrmoto35 said:

And if you decide to delete the kickstarter, the plug for the hole is also sold separately

If it is not to late, check pricing here with Huntington Beach Honda, they have some of the best pricing online

http://shop.hbhonda.com/fiche_section_detail.asp?section=9769208&category=Motorcycles&make=Honda&year=2017&fveh=323701

babbitt was the cheapest $381.

with discount paid $325