2006 YZ250F coolant tank

On 1/30/2018 at 5:59 PM, ronbuell said:

There are no brackets on the subframe to bolt it to, but you could wrap some metal strap material around it, and go with that.

I'm using a KDX tank, smaller but usable.

That sounds like a pretty good idea. Gotta see how to mount it. I saw that Motion Pro has an aftermarket one. 

Look up a Honda CRF250X tank as well, it's two mounting 'ears' would easily attach to the subframe with a pair of Adel clamps (see below)

adel clamps.jpg

CRF <a href='https://thumpertalk.com/link/click/1133/' rel='nofollow' data-ipsHover-target='https://thumpertalk.com/index.php?app=autolink&module=links&controller=content&id=1133' data-ipsHover target='_blank' rel='noopener' data-autoLink>coolant</a> tank.jpg

Edited by mlatour

IMG_0851.thumb.jpg.c50e4cf0a63907a71ace3ffd0db0c81d.jpg

IMG_0852.thumb.jpg.221614c9a1f0a4ba182b4b07ebf8c585.jpg

Less than$20 from ace hardware. I looked up overflow tanks and this was the best one I found. If you’re mounting in on the backside of the radiator like a lot of the ones I saw. You’re defeating the purpose blocking air going across your radiator.

Overflow radiator hose goes to the bottom and the top just dumps on the ground.

• Like 4

EDIT:

first glancing at the pics without seeing how the hose were plugged I had doubts but re-read carefully and it makes sense.

Quoted:

Overflow radiator hose goes to the bottom

and the top just dumps on the ground.

Indeed a simple design that doesn't take up much space or weight :thumbsup:

I had removed the OEM coolant tank on my CRF to save weight but just might install one of these...

Edited by mlatour

I don't see how this could allow the coolant to be drawn back into the radiator when the engine when it cools. Not unless there is something I'm missing. I do like the idea though.... small, light, you don't need a large overflow tank in most cases.

The OVERFLOW hose goes to the bottom. So when things cool off, the radiator creates a suction and sucks the fluid back in...from the bottom of the tube. Topologically it's exactly the same as a regular overflow tank.

4 minutes ago, DarrellH3 said:

I don't see how this could allow the coolant to be drawn back into the radiator when the engine when it cools. Not unless there is something I'm missing. I do like the idea though.... small, light, you don't need a large overflow tank in most cases.

The overflow tube goes to the bottom of the "tube", top is the exit/overflow.  Works just like a regular overflow tank.

Got it now... excellent idea! My mind is slow moving this morning!

• Like 1

54225604861__42E00AB1-715F-49F9-BA91-719459C6F92F.jpg
Updated it. I didn’t like where it was before. Where it is now, it’s completely out of the way and sight.

• Like 1