Hour Meter Pics & Reviews

Looking for reviews from you guys (how you like them, what options they have), as well as pics / ideas on mounting locations.

Links to where you got them will help as well.

Looking for reviews from you guys (how you like them, what options they have), as well as pics / ideas on mounting locations.
Links to where you got them will help as well.
I like the works connection meter, i have one on each of my bikes. I bought the little mount for one of them. It worked out good on my 07. I put the front number plate bolt through the mount so the meter is in front of the bar pad.

On my 17 i used the provided sticky tape. It seems to be holding strong. The meter has a constant run time, separate resettable maintenance timer, clock, current rpm (good for setting idle), and saves the max rpm from the last time the bike was run.

Oh, and i got them from rocky mountain mc

• Like 1

I use heavy duty double side tape from Home Depot have mine mounted on frame behind the right shroud

• Like 2

6 hours ago, NickC18 said:

Works Connection with the tank mount on mine! Looks like it belongs there.

A6CA81B9-8FD8-4778-A581-C2FCA0E7ABC3.jpeg

I run/ran this on my '02, '08' and '17.

I did have one fail on the 02...

• Like 1

It looks like the tank mount is the way to go. I like it. It's out of the way, and it does look like it belongs there. I'm digging how small the WC unit is as well. That looks like the front runner for me.

The works connection is a great unit.  Its the only one I have used.  Its a little light on the bells and whistles compared to some other brands but its a breeze to hook and the tank mount is worth the few extra bucks.  Makes it look nice and clean.  You can't go wrong with it.

• Like 3

IMG_1024.jpg

I run a Hardline tucked away by where the cables route past the radiators. Out of the way, but convenient to get to. I just find myself looking at my hour meter too much while I’m riding if it’s just right there lol

• Like 3

I usually don't look at KTM articles in magazines but glanced at one today in the new MXA and liked the location of the hour meter.  Different pic but...

KTM-ONE-PIECE-BAR-MOUNT.jpg

Edited by HRC27
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Dklassen said:

I believe they come stock on the KTM’s. 

Yeah, they said all 2018 KTM dirtbikes come stock with them.

I like that location because it’s well protected and you can see it relatively easily. It’s close to where I mounted the one on my YZ450F.

F4F5C310-E792-4828-9CF4-F7F566C8D55C.jpeg

• Like 2

Mostly used works connection on my previous bikes with good results.  I decided to give the Hardline hr. meter a try since it was only $25 (new in the package) on my local CL classifieds.  I really like the Hardline unit since it has different features to it.  Below is a pic of my previous 10 model where it was mounted in front of the tank.  The 18 model pic has it on the Lt. side of the twin spar & have used the meters on both locations in the past with no issues.

2010 CRF450r pic #3.JPG

Hardline meter pic# 1.JPG

Hardline meter pic# 2.JPG

Hardline meter pic# 3.JPG

Edited by H4L
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, HRC27 said:

Got mine done today.  It's a bit hidden w/the Fatbar pad on but it's easy enough to push it out of the way to read it.

IMG_4024.JPG

Not to go off topic but is that a Lightspeed CF tank cover? How is the fit? It is held on with adhesive or what? I was thinking of picking one up for my 2016 but there’s a lot more tank exposed than on the 05-08 so I wasn’t sure how it’d look. Lightspeed’s site doesn’t have pics of the 13-16 one yet.

Edited by NickC18
  • Like 1