Possibly moving to Tucson

Hello guys n gals. I haven't posted in a long time, but that doesn't mean I haven't been riding and watching the forums! :)

I'm possibly moving to Tucson for work (near airport), and see lots of riding areas around which excites me! I'm hoping some of you experts can give me some good advice.

Background:

I'm in South Carolina and have 5 acres my kids and I ride on all the time. We have very few state trails to ride, so we mostly ride at home. I do not have titles for most of my dirt bikes (have 6 or 7) nor for my quad.

Questions:

1. How bad is it really to get them titled and stickered? Should I just sell the few without titles and buy other used ones when I there?

2. Where should I love for easiest access to the most trails? I mostly love technical type riding. I have been looking at Oro are a little bit, and Vail area. I am finding very little with any kind of acreage at all, so it looks like riding at home isn't going to happen? Suggestions please? I've looked a little at a horse ranch, but do they generally have restrictions against bikes?

3. Does my '06 fz1 (street bike) have to get emission testing???

Thanks for any help!

You can find some of your answers here:  https://servicearizona.com/

I don't ever buy a vehicle without a title in Arizona and that is because I hear it can be difficult to get titled or at the least inconvenient.  Since you know they aren't stolen it might be worth it to try and get a title.  I know you first have to get the title before you can register them so whatever process it is to get a title is what you will need to do.

• Like 1

Thanks. I was on that site the other night, and it looks like it just requires a $100 title bond, but I'm not sure if I still need to do the lost title search first. I've owned one of the bikes for 10 years, obviously not stolen...

Can't help on the registration question, but near Tucson is Cochise. I run through that area often and it looks like the mountain areas have some good riding. I'd like to check it out myself!

You will want to check out AZGFD for the plate requirements to be legal off-road here. Lots of riding on the NW side, Oro Valley, Marana, and Catalina. I'm not sure about the Vail area but plenty of places to ride within an hour drive of there. Also look into our club Trail Riders of Southern Arizona. We can show you lots of good places to ride. You'll be hard pressed to find more than 3.3 acres on the NW side and riding on the property may not go over well. Fortunately I live a 1 1/4 miles from the gate to state land and have access to thousands of acres of dirt with miles of single track. You'll need a AZ State land permit as well to be legal to access state land.

• Like 2

Thanks tmac. I'll check out those links.

Also, look at the Coronado National Forest website and Search for the Redington Pass OHV area. Its on the NE side of Tucson. Great place for technical rides, steep foothills, creek beds...

great winter riding conditions in the afternoons.
gotta ride in cooler mornings in summer.
Between excessive heat and freezing cold I only miss out on riding a few weekends a year in Tucson. Enjoy!IMG_2963.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for all the responses. Interview went great and waiting on an offer. Wife and I loved the area, and the dry heat ;) . We took the rental 12 miles into Redington Rd and watched the sunrise. Some awesome trails out there! Sure hope I get the opportunity to check them out on a bike!

Thanks for all the responses. Interview went great and waiting on an offer. Wife and I loved the area, and the dry heat . We took the rental 12 miles into Redington Rd and watched the sunrise. Some awesome trails out there! Sure hope I get the opportunity to check them out on a bike!

Sounds great! Good luck. I'll be glad to show you around the Redington Pass OHV area. I live near there. That's my usual weekly off-road ride. Take care.

Thanks. That's where we were looking as well. Most of the areas we looked though required FEMA Insurance. Not sure I could stomach that bill. Sure love that area though!